Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
hey Balx. Currently working my way thru your bids.
Awesome stuff.
Love that you have your young fella with you.
Keep up the good work.
Oh... So envious of the gold you recover... Bastard :D

Cheers
Rod
Thanks mate, I was surprised the gold was much better than expected, broke the rules and dug dead centre so wasnt expecting much was more running in the pump and checking what the floods had done, will go back and dig the edge and get nice and deep. Brayden had a ball in the water. Cheers Balx

spottedgum said:
Thanks for sharing that mate. Always interested to see how others do it. Looks like you have got an eager young prospector in the making. Mines still 10months
Yeah Brayden loves getting out there, he still has another year until school so he will be a pro by the time he is 5.

Great vid Balx, and great to see junior enjoying himself. He'll make a great apprentice some day and looks like he's learning well from the master. Best of luck next trip and keep that camera rolling mate.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Great vid Balx, and great to see junior enjoying himself. He'll make a great apprentice some day and looks like he's learning well from the master. Best of luck next trip and keep that camera rolling mate.

Cheers Wal.
Thanks Wal, just need him to pick up a shovel and put down the swimming trunks. Cheers Balx

spottedgum said:
Balx said:
Beagleboy said:
Hi Balx, you have doug out a nice hole for the little bloke. Thanks for the video.
Bush jacuzzi, hahah

Like that one, bush Jacuzzi. I can see a christmas present for your little man.

A mini Shovel!
Check out the older Vids, he has a mini shovel in some of them. Time for him to get a full size one I reckon. Pay his way. haha

Took my son detecting on the beach today! He's 15. He told me he'd rather pan in the creek at Nundle than find 2000 bottle caps. I think all boys, no matter what age just want to play in the water and mud! Love your vids, thanks!

Balx said:
spottedgum said:
Balx said:
Beagleboy said:
Hi Balx, you have doug out a nice hole for the little bloke. Thanks for the video.
Bush jacuzzi, hahah

Like that one, bush Jacuzzi. I can see a christmas present for your little man.

A mini Shovel!
Check out the older Vids, he has a mini shovel in some of them. Time for him to get a full size one I reckon. Pay his way. haha

But his mini shovel isn't gold plated, is it?
(I'm trying to give you a little elbow in the ribs to encourage you to find that monster nugget with your name on it)

My 10 month old doesn't get it. I tell him "if you wanna be so fussy about food, go out and get a real job and you can eat what you want." but he'd rather bludge off his oldies.

Bushranger said:
Took my son detecting on the beach today! He's 15. He told me he'd rather pan in the creek at Nundle than find 2000 bottle caps. I think all boys, no matter what age just want to play in the water and mud! Love your vids, thanks!
At 15 i would have rathered seen 1 bikini at the beach than find 5oz of gold, hahaha

Nice Vid Balx, did you dig the hole or did your young fella?? I must say, no matter how much we all try and keep our site tidy while doing our thing, it always ends up looking like a cargo plane has just dumped a whole bunch of prospecting related gear along a creek some place...

Keep up the good work and grats on the finds.

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Nice Vid Balx, did you dig the hole or did your young fella?? I must say, no matter how much we all try and keep our site tidy while doing our thing, it always ends up looking like a cargo plane has just dumped a whole bunch of prospecting related gear along a creek some place...

Keep up the good work and grats on the finds.

Cheers, Tone
Thanks Tone, Nah I dug that one, its a nice change that river, mostly gravel so no de-rocking involved, I need to make more of an effort to keep my gear neat and together but then i wouldn't have the joy of chasing it down the river or searching for it in Blackberries. ;)

Nice one Balx - good to see Brayden taking the starring role again. I've found the same with those narrow creeks - you can bend the rules a bit WRT where the gold is supposed to be deposited, seems to be all through much of the time. Heading up near Castlemaine solo for a couple of days next week to get a bit of a fix.

Cheers

Drewe.

Mr Sism said:
Nice one Balx - good to see Brayden taking the starring role again. I've found the same with those narrow creeks - you can bend the rules a bit WRT where the gold is supposed to be deposited, seems to be all through much of the time. Heading up near Castlemaine solo for a couple of days next week to get a bit of a fix.

Cheers

Drewe.
yeah I went back tonight for a bit of a dig and only got 6 specks, so that creek can go back into retirement, will stick with the Tanjil area. Have fun up at castlemaine, I am going to do a bit up that way over the summer holidays. Cheers Balx

Balx said:
Got back down the creek, so it all starts again. Water was a little high but was great to be back out there. And once again a little color was just a bonus. Feel free to comment or subscribe so you get them Automatically. And most importantly get a camera so we can enjoy your adventures. Enjoy.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/4AVZ_26wnLU[/video]

Hi mate , i noticed you say the genset runs rough sometimes

i noticed its on sloping ground , if you look in the manual there will be a maximum slope angle they can run on before the oil stops circulating . pays to dig a little flat level pad for them to run on for longevity.

same rule applies for pumps

:)

HeadsUp said:
Balx said:
Got back down the creek, so it all starts again. Water was a little high but was great to be back out there. And once again a little color was just a bonus. Feel free to comment or subscribe so you get them Automatically. And most importantly get a camera so we can enjoy your adventures. Enjoy.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/4AVZ_26wnLU[/video]

Hi mate , i noticed you say the genset runs rough sometimes

i noticed its on sloping ground , if you look in the manual there will be a maximum slope angle they can run on before the oil stops circulating . pays to dig a little flat level pad for them to run on for longevity.

same rule applies for pumps

:)
Thanks for the heads up, heads up. ;) Yeah Its packed it in, so I have been using the petrol pump, I have been trying to keep it level but it does look a bit wonky in that one. Will dig a pad for it when I get it back. Cheers Balx

Spent a few days up at Eldorado/Beechworth lately, What an amazing part of the world. The Dredge at Eldorado is something to behold. Pretty bloody hot and not much water about to cool off but the kids had fun and got some pretty good gold. Enjoy Balx

1389444061_eldoradopic.jpg

Hi Balx, nice video. Looks like you had a good time. How are the grizzly bars working for you? I don't think you had that set up when I saw you last. I was thinking of getting another classifier for my highbanker as it should be able to take larger staff. Is it good at breaking clay?

Latest posts