Equipment Pictures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AM1990 said:

A snuffer bottle is a small soft plastic bottle with a straw at the tip. When you squeeze the bottle air comes out of the straw, when you stop squeezing air is sucked back into it. When you have gold in your pan, you use the snuffer bottle to suck up all the gold and some of the black sands you haven't managed to pan off. When you get home, you dump the contents of the snuffer bottle into a pan.

It's a genius way to store the gold when in the field, on the way home, etc............................

Thanks for this clarification AM.

As a total beginner, i would recommend getting a Minelab Pro-Gold panning kit. You can get them at Anaconda for $79. .....................................

Remember to season your pan well before using it to get rid of the oil used in manufacturing, otherwise you'll lose gold. I find using a wire wool scourer with washing up liquid in hot water works well.

Youtube is your friend here. I recommend watching Vo-Gus Prospecting videos and Adventure Gold videos. Just type either of those into the youtube search bar and you'll see plenty of videos to watch.

Good tips for this beginner!. I will follow up.

Jim.

Latest posts