You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Whisp
28 December 2017 11:18 am

HeadsUp wrote:

Disclaimer : I am open to the possibility that an intelligent self aware politician somewhere will look at this mess and reverse it for the grand stuff up that it is....... they will get a pat on the back and a sincere polite thankyou from me.

8)

That is not going to happen as these days all pollies know which side their bread is buttered on and will always vote 'along party lines' and not according to their own moral compass if they happen to possess one.

NB: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

bazza2210
28 December 2017 11:56 am

Whisp wrote:
HeadsUp wrote:

Disclaimer : I am open to the possibility that an intelligent self aware politician somewhere will look at this mess and reverse it for the grand stuff up that it is....... they will get a pat on the back and a sincere polite thankyou from me.

8)

That is not going to happen as these days all pollies know which side their bread is buttered on and will always vote 'along party lines' and not according to their own moral compass if they happen to possess one.

Yep one only has to look at the labor years in NSW and it all started with Bob Carr and the declaration of forestry areas into State conservation areas - we need to attack the present government about undoing what has happened since 1995. Anyway NAPFA needs your support to continue the fight.

Highbanker, Minelab xterra 705 gold pack (won in a PA raffle) , blue bowl , EZsluice river sluice, Gold Hog mats, sieves, pans , sdc 2300- committee member of NAPFA.

2 users like this post: Tathradj, jimnyjerry

Tathradj
28 December 2017 04:58 pm

Spot on Bazza. smile
We at NAPFA have been approaching this issue the right way using proper decorum.
That is why we could not say anything about what we were doing and asking every body
to have some patience.
Now we have proven where they have gone wrong, We now are going to have a face to
face talk with the minister armed with the knowledge we have.
There is a lot of back pedaling going on now with the Departments involved.
It is bloody hard having a heap of expensive gear lying idle I know.
We will let you all know as soon as we have a result.
It has taken a lot of very dedicated work to come this far and we will soon have an answer.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

10 users like this post: Fishman, MikeB05, GaryO, xcvator, DrDuck, Eldorado, Billy, RM Outback, mbasko, Danny13

Gunter
28 December 2017 05:57 pm

We thank you for your continued efforts Doug . We all appreciate it, I’m sure I speak for all on the forum , plus more .
If it ever gets overturned , well have a massive meet up somewhere !

Regards

Gunter

xterra 705, gpx 4500 , and all the panning gear needed for early retirement !
Just show me the map !

3 users like this post: MikeB05, Tathradj, GaryO

MikeB05
28 December 2017 06:25 pm

I have been a bit vocal about NAPFA keeping its members informed. Having said that...what a monumental frickin task they have...taking on the bureaucracy. Keep up the great work Doug and others on NAPFA !!

MikeB05
Most of the gold I have found so far, comes from learning from others. SDC2300, Gold Monster 1000, Gold Rat River Sluice, Angus McKirk sluices,

2 users like this post: Tathradj, GaryO

Tathradj
28 December 2017 07:08 pm

And the email system is being updated over the next week.
The last email I sent was a bit of a mess.
Early days yet I assure you. smile smile

1 user likes this post: GaryO

Keitzy
20 January 2018 10:32 am

Sooo... apart from be patient, early days yet kinda comments, what actu head ways been made in the last 6 months.?
Do I sell my banker yet.?

Jemba
20 January 2018 01:53 pm

NAPFA cant do much while the powers to be are on holidays. Tathradj has given us an insight in post 178 in regards to this matter. thumbsup

When Injustice Becomes Law Resistance Becomes Duty.

Keitzy
20 January 2018 03:23 pm

what was proven where they went wrong ? In reality its their opinion versus ours that prospecting with a pump, ie, hi banking is wrong. What did we prove they got wrong ? What minister is getting spoken to.? Who is speaking to him.? When are they speaking to him, and what 'knowledge' is going to be shown that we have and discussed ?
Who and where has anyone back pedaled in reguards to the legislation ?

RM Outback
20 January 2018 03:57 pm

Keitzy wrote:

what was proven where they went wrong ? In reality its their opinion versus ours that prospecting with a pump, ie, hi banking is wrong. What did we prove they got wrong ? What minister is getting spoken to.? Who is speaking to him.? When are they speaking to him, and what 'knowledge' is going to be shown that we have and discussed ?
Who and where has anyone back pedaled in reguards to the legislation ?

I'm pretty sure Keitzy all your answers will be answered after the NAPFA representatives have had their discussion with the relevant minister/s /bureaucrats. That's how I read the request for patience. Dealing with the bureaucratic process takes a heap of time which is volunteered by the elected committee. I've seen 1st hand the amount of effort put in by these people (from a PMAV perspective which is no different to NAPFA or other lobby groups) and be assured they go above and beyond what general members do with regard to the challenges faced by professional and hobbyists alike. If NAPFA have meetings to bring members upto speed I recommend you go along. This way you'll hear the latest news and get to speak to your representatives face to face and meet some great people as a bonus.

1 user likes this post: cheers

Keitzy
20 January 2018 04:42 pm

what has NAPFA done for prospectors ?.. Like literally, go buy a miners right and go digging ... what does NAPFA have to do with that ? .. Sry to be blunt.

RM Outback
20 January 2018 04:49 pm

Keitzy wrote:

what has NAPFA done for prospectors ?.. Like literally, go buy a miners right and go digging ... what does NAPFA have to do with that ? .. Sry to be blunt.

Seriously roll Mate without them let us know how you get on. If you haven't been involved with NAPFA then I suggest you go and introduce yourself because without them your up the proverbial Creek so to speak. I'm not in NSW and won't be anytime soon but I can assure you NAPFA is your best friend as a volunteer lobby group looking after yours and everyone else's interested with regard to all pursuits of prospecting.

1 user likes this post: madtuna

Keitzy
20 January 2018 04:52 pm

that doesnt answer the question .. what have they done or do for prospectors ? .. I have nothing to do with them, can jump online, buy a miners right and away I go ...

Donkeedik
20 January 2018 04:53 pm

Keitzy wrote:

Well for a start NAPFA is the NSW body.

Miners rights are not required for NSW , unless you are going into state forests in which case you buy a forestry permit which is 27 bux for 2 years or maybe it was 5 ? Can’t recall . Alzheimer’s is a Bitchh.

Read the napfa website .

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Keitzy
20 January 2018 05:04 pm

yeh i already have ... i see lots of submissions and thats about it ... lol, what exactally have they done apart from lobby the government for these submissions. .. What have they won or had changed for prospectors ? .. Apart from making heaps of submissions, i cant really see much of what they do ??

Last edited by Keitzy (20 January 2018 05:05 pm)

mbasko
20 January 2018 05:48 pm

They've done a hell of a lot!
3 major things for me were:
1. That so called Miners Right you purchased online (I assume the NSW State Forests permit) before lobbying from NAPFA was not available to purchase online & also wasn't statewide i.e. in some circumstances it was expected to buy one for different sub areas. NAPFA got State Forests to change & make their process more streamlined for us!
2. In the last couple of years, after submissions & lobbying from NAPFA, a large number of areas have now been declared fossicking districts which means we no longer have to chase up & get permission off EL holders to fossick there.
3. They also prevented the sale of some crown land near Sofala used for camping/fossicking
They are just 3 that I have appreciated. There are many more by reading through these:
http://www.napfa.net/NAPFA-News.html
NAPFA is only a young association in comparison to other state bodies like the PMAV & APLA but they are making good headway IMO. Too many are either too impatient &/or expect overnight changes or are just plain unrealistic about the processes involved in engaging Government departments etc.

Edit: P.s. I forgot the most important thankless tasks they do! They ensure our hobby has a voice with these Government departments etc. Without them there may not be fossicking in State Forests or elsewhere! They ensure we at least get some input to decisions where we previously had none. They try to improve things for all of us - members or Not!

Last edited by mbasko (20 January 2018 05:54 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

8 users like this post: RM Outback, bazza2210, HeadsUp, madtuna, cheers, Tathradj, GaryO, robmoto

Keitzy
20 January 2018 05:53 pm

Sweet, thanks for answering that... I got my miners right for victoria btw, havent been out in NSW as yet.

mbasko
20 January 2018 06:02 pm

No worries - NAPFA has no bearing on Victoria but the PMAV are on the job down there (currently fighting to stop the Greens declaring more National Park/State Park & excluding prospecting in them so very busy with your own state woes).

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Ramjet
20 January 2018 06:29 pm

Please keep it civil please people. Fine to express your opinion but personal attacks are not permitted. Thanks to the poster who reported himself. We all get wound up about topics we are passionate about. Nice to see someone cool down and put their hand up.

RULES wrote:

Posts which are of an offensive nature will be removed without notice.

NOW.... back to the topic at hand....

PS. 2 posts deleted as they added nothing positive to the conversation.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

ken2m
20 January 2018 11:02 pm

mbasko wrote:

No worries - NAPFA has no bearing on Victoria but the PMAV are on the job down there (currently fighting to stop the Greens declaring more National Park/State Park & excluding prospecting in them so very busy with your own state woes).

The VEAC committee is presently involved in a report to be completed by March 2019 on some areas in Victoria, from the quantity of submissions there has been phenomenal support from various different interest groups, many areas have been discussed and many people have taken the time to attend meetings. You, as can anyone else be involved in the decision making process. I think the key to a successful outcome is to address the terms of reference and promote low impact prospecting (fill your holes and remove your rubbish) and generally contribute in a ecologically positive way. VEAC is trying to work out the best way to have as close to zero negative effects as is possible. In the present study area there are several species that are in low numbers, but by excluding people the potential for worse bushfires exists which would wipe out endangered species in the area. Lots of information to evaluate before a decision can be made. Previous reports have been mandated in full so it is only with peoples input that the outcome will be positive for prospectors.

Thanks to this forum for having a post re the Wombat state forest which alerted me to the present investigation.
NAPFA also had a submission to VEAC supporting prospecting in the study areas.
Ken.

3 users like this post: RM Outback, mbasko, Tathradj

Stupaul
17 April 2018 12:21 am

Is there any update on this issue, as I am starting to think about getting a hand operated bilge pump to run my banker, albeit at lower flow rate

Chiron52
03 May 2018 09:11 pm

It seems there are still many people high banking in NSW.
I saw on a prospecting Facebook page today, photos of some people using high bankers.
As they are from NSW, it is understood they were operating somewhere in NSW.
They are prolific posters and in this instance they were brazenly bragging about what they were doing in the photos.
I don't know if they are PA members.

1525342233_01.jpg

Below is an excerpt from the conversation that followed, when another poster enquired about the legality of what they were doing.

NOTE: I have deleted the names and faces of those involved.

******* "Isn't it illegal to run highbankers"

******* "Not that im aware off" ?

******* "Illegal ?? I’ve never heard that one how about you **** ? I heard it’s illegal to drive with only one hand on the steering wheel or take a leak on the side of the road but highbanking ? Anyway we had our sluices set low on the creek bed so probably classed as lowbanking in this case. ?

******* "I dont know of any Act of State legislation passed in parliment that prohibits the activity" ?

My heart goes out to all the PA members (and others) who are doing the right thing, not using their high bankers, but still hoping common sense will prevail and there will one day be change in the law. Those flaunting the rules will only make it more difficult to get the laws changed.

Last edited by Chiron52 (03 May 2018 09:12 pm)

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off.

5 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Danny13, Tathradj, Mackka, reefer

aussiefarmer
03 May 2018 09:15 pm

Nah mate ......they are high wankers not bankers devil

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

5 users like this post: RM Outback, 7.62marksman, Rockhunter62, Danny13, Chiron52

Tathradj
03 May 2018 10:23 pm

Lack of knowledge is no excuse.
The last few lines of your post ring very, very true.
The amount of work that has been put into the situation is staggering I can
tell you.
This sort of thing only makes it worse for all of us on both sides of the fence
while we work on a resolution.
Just hold on for a bit longer folks and play nice.

2 users like this post: TheWolf, Chiron52

Noelhi
07 May 2018 10:19 pm

Unfortunately they’re out there
I have been speaking to my local member MP and I think if we can all speak out and talk to politicians because most of them don’t know that laws like this are passed and if they do know they don’t know and understand the impact it has so I think more information we can give them the better. And yes it’s hard not to be able to use a high banker but I have found a Croc nearly as good so there are alternative.
It’s a great hobby and a let out for a lot of us

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site