Beach / Sand cleaners

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day,

Does anyone have any info on the Council sand cleaners that are towed around on the Sunshine Coast?

Do they collect coins, rings etc?

My son is getting a GO-Find for his birthday and i was hoping to test it out on the beach.

Thanks in advance,

Tadge

My experience is that they leave plenty of coins and make a mess of mangled coke cans for us to clean up.

Tadge said:
G'Day,

Does anyone have any info on the Council sand cleaners that are towed around on the Sunshine Coast?

Do they collect coins, rings etc?

My son is getting a GO-Find for his birthday and i was hoping to test it out on the beach.

Thanks in advance,

Tadge
They definately collect their fare share of coins , rings and chains Tadge unfortunately.

I put a couple of coins in the path of one of those sand cleaners on King's Beach once, and was able to recover them after it went past. They're great for levelling out the soft sand, making it easier to detect/walk on.

cabwoody said:
I put a couple of coins in the path of one of those sand cleaners on King's Beach once, and was able to recover them after it went past. They're great for levelling out the soft sand, making it easier to detect/walk on.

In the dry sand they tend to miss quite a few.....When it's wet forget it....I've only managed a few 5c 10c coins so had to hit the dunes.. :)

Latest posts