Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bit shitty how their various wireless modules don't pair up Lord. If you know someone with another WM12 module give it a go (pairing 2 up). The lag, if any, might be bearable? A booster & twin speakers may be cheaper + better anyway?

Af - The Avantrees won't work unfortunately - they're Bluetooth & Minelab uses their own proprietary RF wireless system on the GPZ which isn't Bluetooth compatible.
They would work with the Equinox 800 though as it has Bluetooth too. Hopefully Minelab incorporate this into all their detectors moving forward to enable a good range of wireless audio options.

Hi Lord; I run dual speakers through a dual audio amp connected to the WM12 on the 7000, works a treat with individual volume controls and a volume limit switch; you can purchase all of the parts from Jaycar electronics and it's not too difficult to put it all together.
Cheers SinHof.

Can someone please explain how the sp01 works on the gpz.
Does the unit need to plug into the machine outlet plug?
Or will it plug into the wm12?
If the wm12 will it still work as a speaker or does headphones need to be used into the sp01.
Hope that makes sense

LORD said:
Can someone please explain how the sp01 works on the gpz.
Does the unit need to plug into the machine outlet plug?
Or will it plug into the wm12?
If the wm12 will it still work as a speaker or does headphones need to be used into the sp01.
Hope that makes sense

SP01 input plugs into WM12 output via a short lead. Speakers then plug into output socket on SP01. :Y:

SP01 works a treat on my ZED with dual speakers ! :)

Cheers,
Rick

You can plug the sP01 straight into the rear headphone socket, but it works very well going through the WM12.
I have my wm12 mounted in a pouch on my right hand side, and the sP01 on my left hand side. The audio cable runs around my back so it's out of the way.

So then if i wanted to run a target through the WM12 to shre with fellow detectors to listen to just a matter of unplugging the sp01? Obviously it wont be using the enhancer then

LORD said:
So then if i wanted to run a target through the WM12 to shre with fellow detectors to listen to just a matter of unplugging the sp01? Obviously it wont be using the enhancer then
Yup! that would be about right!, although, obviously, if you're using speaker(s) plugged into the SP01, you wouldn't have to!

Latest posts