Can anyone identify this car part plz.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mate of mine has been using this for an ash tray for years. He has asked all his mates what it's off of and no one can identify it.
I thought it might be a spin on cap for a car wheel but got no idea what the initials are.

1516611208_2018-01-22_19.13.45.jpg

Occasional_panner said:
What's on the inside?
Looks like a wire wheel spinner.

Hi OP. I should have taken a picture of it sorry. The underside is hollow with a steel thread in the center about 25 mm long and maybe 10 mm diam. made of cast aluminium. Its definitely not a radiator cap.

I tried googling vintage car emblems or brands with GH and HG but nothing popped its head up.

There were hundreds of car brands that disappeared over the years , its got to be there somewhere but who knows , maybe its off a filter pack from a milking machine .

I son't think it's a wheel spinner, or least one that's never been used as there is no deformation where it would have been hit with a dead blow hammer. Of course it also may not off a car at all, it could be something that was designed to be undone by hand, hence the two lugs.

I was thinking the Hudson Group but
cannot find any reference to that Logo.
Yes, There was a Hudson Hornet racing car. :D

I have the same problem. :8
Logo is vaguely familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. :rolleyes:

hAyyoUinAU said:
Nah scratch that. Its definitely G before the H.

Could even be OGH.

I knew I shouldn't of clicked on the topic, now I can't stop thinking about it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was just lookin in the Gs for something with a second name hopefully starting with H,just noticed the gaylord company :)
There was a grahem nash but it definetly looks like a H i think

Latest posts