Which white coil do you have?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which white coil do you have and why did you pick the one that have? I'm tossing up at the moment whether to go white or not, looking at Clegy's site it is not possible to compare the two as he has some info on one coil but not the same info on the other coil. The question is, do I go round or do I go oval and why should I pick one over the other?

At the moment I have the 9" black and the 13" black but would like to try my luck in some more highly mineralised ground.

Best explanation I have is,

If you are more a coinshooter that wants to hit gold maybe once or twice a year then go the round, you'll enjoy a bit better depth than the elliptical and you'll probably never use 80Khz. The 28.8Khz is a nice medium frequency and one I probably use most with this coil as with the black coil you can run 12 and 18 so I find 14khz a bit redundant really. 55khz is fun to run at the beach in the dry sand although you will find loads of aluminium.

If your looking to have a good crack at the gold a bit more often then go the elliptical, less surface area means it handles hot ground better and its separation off the tip is simply second to none. As a coin coil it is fun to use but don't expect massive depth and the 80Khz in a park is crazy town because it picks up MINUTE canslaw the pinpointer struggles to find.

You have the bases covered with the 9 and 13 inch black coils so it's really a matter of how often you're going to be in the goldfields and how many thrips do you think you missed in other sites.

Hope that helps a bit.

Below is a blog post I wrote a little while ago about coil selection
http://aussiedetectorist.com.au/2017/09/02/which-coil-should-i-get-with-my-new-xp-deus/

Happy Hunting

Clegy

Thanks for that Clegy, that link explains it very well. I should have searched your site more thoroughly and found it myself, unfortunately I was only reading the description in the product line up.

Same as what Clegy mentioned, the round HF would be the pick of the pair if more time is spent coin/relic detecting over prospecting. Still a good combination of frequencies if wanting to go prospecting, you don't necessarily need the ultra high frequency unless targetting the smallest of gold - the round HF gets surprising depth ability using 14kHz on coins.

Hello WHISP,
Go to UTube and search for the " Calabash Digger" videos he has some very good XP Deus coil videos of the black, and the 2 new white HF coils the round and Elliptical coil.After seeing all his field test videos, I know for sure you can make your decision.they

i found the eliptical hf coil to be much easier to navigate through the terrain on a goldfield and can get into corners of gullies better. i kept bumping into things heaps more with the 11 circle coil

Whisp said:
Thanks for that Clegy, that link explains it very well. I should have searched your site more thoroughly and found it myself, unfortunately I was only reading the description in the product line up.

No stress mate, its on a different site to the product page.
If you need any help Just give me a call if you like.

Cheers mate

Clegy

Latest posts