Gold Miller Table information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a painter by trade. I highly recommend it.
We use it on colorbond buildings then spray them after.
It definitely makes paint stick like sh1t to a blanket.
Lee I have some with me.
If you need some I'll drop it of next week on my way home.

Afternoon lads and ladettes. I've knocked myself up a little Miller table. My question is, is 1mm ribbed mesh too aggressive?

Cheers Buck

I find a smooth rubber mat.or chalkboard paint. but it needs to be smooth.and keep it fairly flat not too much angle .that works best for me.

slate would be best, chalk board paint 5 coats across not longways and about 8 degree fall, 750 to 1250 GPH with adjustable flow
1418544242_img_0775.jpg

You can use hobbyco mat aswell they sell on ebay for $30.check youtube for miller table vids there is quite a few on there.you can make an adjustable gate to change water depth/flow.by that i mean a piece of timber or alluminium across the top of the miller table.miners moss will smooth out the water a bit if you run a strip in front of your spray bar.use some low suds detergent to lower water surface tension.and i find wet cons work better for fine stuff as it can float right on out if you add it dry.i used chalk paint for one of mine $20 bunnings.but used a spray gun and sandpaper and block.to sand smooth if you sand across the table the sand marks really hold onto the heavies sort of microscopic riffles .then once you have it all together it will need fine tuning for the material you are running from your area.as it is all different.hope this helps

Joe that one looks mint. Thanks ausniper I am running some Bayliss mat to smooth out the flow but haven't set up a tap to control flow rate. The little 360gph pump I have flows bugger all but I still think it is a little fast.

This is a pump i use, $23 from fleabay. I found that by having little more power than needed is better as silt slows your intake the head hight slows your intake and since you have flow adjuster it doesn't matter.tuning is important the water needs tyo look like glass
1418548526_img_0706.png

Might be in the wrong area, sorry in advance.

Was wondering if anyone in Aus makes or sells miller tables?
I could make one but just want something that works straight away.
Cheers, Westy

They are pretty simple to make but if youre looking to buy something maybe check out a blue bowl. Im not aware of any off the shelf miller table makers in Aus

What is your aim with it? ie what sort of material are you hoping to process? it needs to be fairly fine and finely classified, which also makes it easy to pan, bluebowl or run down a cleanup sluice.

KR
ITG

Im using a home made blue bowl currently to seperate the blacks. Takes forever and thought a table might make things quicker.
After researching all night ive decided they are simple to make and might go down that path.
Or just let the blue bowl do its thing and stop being impatient....more beers

Latest posts