So, who,s an ex serviceman/woman?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phoenix76 said:
Just about to go to our local schools ANZAC Day Rememberance, the of course tomorrow at my Sub-Branch.

Artillery
Vietnam
7 years.

Nobody liked us back then and a lot of mates suffered.

That is the reason I hold all Nam Vets in high regard, Nam Vets are a Treasure above all others, So I thank you from the heart,

John.

Respect to you and to all Vietnam vets.

All vets deserve respect, I have a special soft spot for the Vietnam vets for several reasons.
Firstly they copped heaps from the tree huggers, like they (the servicemen) started the war....they were just sent there by the government.

Secondly, they received very little support from government agencies after their discharge. Many were in full on combat on a Wednesday, and discharged in Adelaide or where ever the following Monday, diving for cover when a bus backfired.

All the best, dave.

I have never served myself but family in the past have and some didn't come home so I just want to say thank you to all the men and women who have and are currently are you are truely inspirational . THANK YOU. Lest we forget.

Thanks to you and your family Bjay.
ANZAC day means something to every Aussie and Kiwi, ex service or not. Hard to explain, you don't have to be born Aussie or Kiwi to "get it" many of the ANZAC,s were not native to either country.
Remember and appreciate that thousands, of men and women died and were wounded,physically and mentally, to fight wars they didn't pick. Nearly all of them did NOT fight for the "flag" or for political ideals, they fought for their mates.

Don't let your mates down. Cherish your friends and family.

Lest we forget, we will remember them.

T.S. A.C. C.F. C.B.

:lol:
davent said:
Occasional_panner said:
davent said:
Occasional_panner said:
You poor infantry buggers never got to have fun with 84mm carl gutav's.
Ahhahhahahahaha now they were fun :Y:

Are you serious? I was in dfsw pl for 2 years, anti armour. Every grunt uses the 66 and the 84. We also used the 106 recoilless rifle mounted on short wheel based rovers, now THEY go bang!
OK mate 66 was widespread, I never saw grunts using the 84.

Lol, every company has or had, 84,s in the armory. We used to send lids (newbies) to see the CQMS and ask him for a bbda bag for the 84.
We used to have "yipee shoots" at the end of the financial year, expend all left over rounds. HEAT, prac and illum. Illum were a pain in the backside, the bbda would throw gravel every where. We even enrolled Carl Gustav to vote, and we even had his unpaid fines in our booza, the chat (pronounced shat) same with Howard Green.

Latest posts