Dream mat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed, dream mat working well. Out of 4 x 20L buckets so far of dirt with a clean up after each bucket, only 1 spec found in the bottom half of the sluice, 0.25 gms found in the top halves thus far!

Hi Folks. Went out panning for a couple of hours today. Came home with 10kg of cons to run over the dream mat for a test. After cleanup of the dream mat and panning out the gold, I panned out what had passed through the sluice. I found one speck so small that I didn't even try to pick it up. This mat is so forgiving. I have only been playing with gold for abut 7 weeks and using a sluice for about 3. In other words I'm a mug trying to learn the game. If I can get good results, I believe anyone can.

Cheers

Les

Ordered mine the day before yesterday.
Can hardly wait to try it out. :) :)
Look out Oallen. ]:D ]:D

Just found another company offering urathane mats that are like the goldwell sluice called Devin prospecting. Quite expensive tho. I will stick with my dream mats I think.

Danielkrupski said:
Just found another company offering urathane mats that are like the goldwell sluice called Devin prospecting. Quite expensive tho. I will stick with my dream mats I think.

hey mate this guys been around for a while the products not new it just hasn't got any traction because its a bit of hat, he's the bloke who took the bid to manufacture the gold well sluice from the owner then after the owner provided him with the cad files he decided he didn't want to pay royalty and started selling them under his own brand in canada. He's been telling people for a few weeks now that dream mat clogs up with rocks and doesn't work :)

David actually had a group of prospectors in Montana run some tests on his mat at a group meet with 30 locals it was quite apparent that his mat is a direct copy of GWS with added drop riffles in between accept they are kind of like caterpillar tractors being 1.5 inches thick and weighing quite a bit. i'll see if i can get hold of the video for you to look at.

I'll be honest, when I first got the dream matt I wasn't sure about it, but after a few runs I found it wasn't losing much, I think every system will loose some, but I only ever found one or two specks got lost.
The beauty about it is the reduced clean up time and the sheer ease of it.

His video showing the dream matt with lots of rocks doesn't show it actually running, so god knows what he did, mine doesn't work like that, he must have had a tiny flow.
That devin matt looks ok to me but his reviews are clearly biased and not fair. It would be good to see his tested properly against the dream matt, but at $370aussie dollars plus shipping from canada I can't see it catching on here.
Like I said earlier dream matt works great and it's not frighteningly expensive.

Latest posts