New member from mid north coast taree

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone just saying gday I am new to the forum I am from the mid north coast I live at hannam Vale nsw it is between taree and Port Macquarie keen on meeting new people I have slot of farms I can get onto around moorland hannam vale Johns river Lorne landsdowne area for prospecting I have not done any searching for gold but have found gemstones in these areas and keen to test for gold there isn't really any gold mines in this area but not to say there's not I have heard of a boy that use to walk the creeks and collect gold nuggets after the floods back in the 1970s and they use to have a jar full of gold this is just a 2nd hand story but there is also aboriginal tales of gold in the creeks around middle brother anyone that knows anything about this area could you let me know keen to get out and do some sluicing and panning and need some friends :) :Y: :party:

1489832466_received_776575645843115.jpg

1489832466_received_776575642509782.jpg

1489832466_received_776575632509783.jpg

1489832466_received_776575585843121.jpg

1489832466_received_776575569176456.jpg

Little spot I know of locally does anyone think it looks promising also is that red dirt coming from the rocks a sign of anything

Hi MNCG
I like the pictures mate, especially the waterfall area
I'm about to do a trip around Oz to look for spots like these, you live in paradise...well done!
Let us know how you go panning, I'll be back near your neck of the woods around December
Be good to here how your adventures go
Cheers
Neil

Welcome to PA mate and got to say it's a great looking spot you have there, it reminds me a little of Stony Creek in Cairns.
Do a bit of panning mate and then you can see for yourself if that boy found gold back in the 70s. All the best. ;)

Hey mate welcome. Im new also. I live in Lorne NSW , I've found thunder eggs and agate here in Lorne. No gold yet but willing to look, id love to find more places to fossick locally. I've heard that there's amethyst in John's river .
Mitch

Welcome mate, I do recall gold being found upstream of Taree. Inland of coffs might be your next best bet. Starrs creek. Dont tow a trailer in there but, ha. Speaking of experience! And take plenty of mozi repellent!

Hi midnorthcoastgold I live in Harrington and love fossicking I have been doing some research on the area around us I have heard rumours from locals about Gold up middle brother but have not looked as yet Im keen to go out have a look and venture about if you are keen I'm also looking to meet new people to go fossicking with u can send me a msg and I will send you my number so we can chat about it.hope to hear from you soon.

Hey Mate!

I live near Old Bar and am really interested in doing a good 2 - 3 day mine with some hard digging at a campsite.

I have some opal chips for jewellery making I am happy to trade for expedition with you onto your land!

Send me a PM!

Cheers,
Levi

rawopalcard said:
Hey Mate!

I live near Old Bar and am really interested in doing a good 2 - 3 day mine with some hard digging at a campsite.

I have some opal chips for jewellery making I am happy to trade for expedition with you onto your land!

Send me a PM!

Cheers,
Levi

You won't receive any PM's until you've got your 10 posts up mate :argh: thems the rules brother :beer: we've all been through it. Easy as just jump in on any thread or start a new one ask questions and you'll be up there with the rest of us in no time :beer: welcome to PA :perfect:

How ya going mate just reading your post I believe there was 2 gold mines near diamond head, an old Chinese one in a gully right on the headland and another one pretty much straight west from there a couple of km. That one I think was a dredge but the hole is filled with water I personally have never found gold there but I never had my gold monster when I was there

Latest posts