You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

limpalot
05 August 2016 09:46 am

Great vid, Try elbow length rubber gloves that dairy farmers use. Maybe a pinpointer for your tailings.
Cheers LL

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan,

AtomRat
05 August 2016 10:27 am

Top vids n nice spot mate! Bit odd that the stacked wall area had no gold, looked like ground sluicing works, did you test the other trench next to the running one you show?

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

DigginForGold
05 August 2016 12:49 pm

limpalot wrote:

Great vid, Try elbow length rubber gloves that dairy farmers use. Maybe a pinpointer for your tailings.
Cheers LL

That's a couple of good suggestions there. Anything to help with the cold hands I'm willing to try. It's a bit hard to work when you can't feel anything you're touching haha.

AtomRat wrote:

Top vids n nice spot mate! Bit odd that the stacked wall area had no gold, looked like ground sluicing works, did you test the other trench next to the running one you show?

I know right. When I got down there I thought I should at least find something judging by the previous works...but not even the tiniest of specs. Probably did about 20+ test pans and even dug down a bit at one point. I tested both channels of the stream. Nothing. Quite baffling. No great loss though is it was pretty cool to see, and got some gold later in the day at the other location smile

So when you say ground sluicing, what exactly do you mean? Ive got so much to learn lol. If it wasn't for the stacked stones I wouldn't have been able to tell if it was previously worked. I've been to a couple of places and people have been like, "did you see all the old workings?", I'm then just like "Ummm...I guess I technically saw it with my eyes, but I did certainly didnt recognise it". Sigh.

DIY Highbanker / AM Grubstake Sluice / DIY Recirculating Cleanup Sluice < Click there / DIY Miller Table / Plus pans and other tools of the trade smile My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/DigginForGold

1 user likes this post: AtomRat

yobskin
05 August 2016 02:39 pm

Looks like a chinese ground sluice setup... by the way the rocks are nicely stacked...and no gold...hahahaha we have the same here...euro miners dont stack rocks like that.
Well not here.... chinese were very thorough...and used natural elements..

Try and try again...

AtomRat
05 August 2016 02:55 pm

This sortah work, shovel and rake

1470369134_image124.jpeg
This one may be hydraulic sorry
1470369162_pub_017.jpeg
1470369196_fig1.jpeg
1470369225_digg06ml.jpeg

Last edited by AtomRat (05 August 2016 02:57 pm)

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

4 users like this post: yobskin, kawman, TTKooAu, DigginForGold

DigginForGold
06 August 2016 06:38 pm

Oh I see. Never knew that was called ground sluicing. Seems ridiculously obvious now haha. Thanks for that Atom smile

Definitely do agree that it was ground sluicing there at that spot with the stacked stones. Without a doubt.

DIY Highbanker / AM Grubstake Sluice / DIY Recirculating Cleanup Sluice < Click there / DIY Miller Table / Plus pans and other tools of the trade smile My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/DigginForGold

DigginForGold
29 September 2016 02:19 am

My latest vid showing the sluice I showed in my gold hog mats thread. Came together alright in the end and showed it can catch the gold. Looking forward to putting it through it paces though.

https://youtu.be/TbBDW6vayE8

1 user likes this post: Heatho

Cameronpatrol
28 November 2016 08:04 pm

Hey mate have watched all your vids I found on YouTube before the forum.
Any new vids in the pipeline ?
Cheers cam

Garrett pan, mini sluice,yabby pump,diy bits n pieces

DigginForGold
28 November 2016 09:05 pm

Hey mate,

Should have another one up within a few days. And with the good weather finally rolling around I hope to get out a bit more regularly over the next couple of months.

Thanks for watching

Cameronpatrol
28 November 2016 09:17 pm

DigginForGold wrote:

Hey mate,

Should have another one up within a few days. And with the good weather finally rolling around I hope to get out a bit more regularly over the next couple of months.

Thanks for watching

excellent can't wait smile
Have you thought about hitting freestone creek and whallhala areas.
I like the Gippsland crevis spot.
I'm sure they will be good either way
Cheers cam smile

DigginForGold
28 November 2016 09:25 pm

Have definitely thought about the Walhalla area, but its just at that point for me where its far enough away that its too much for a day trip so I like to stay the night but I dont know any good places to camp down that way.

And yeah I want to go back to that Gippsland crevice spot when its dried up with some better tools, and am thinking about pumping out that pool at the end of the exposed bedrock there. I mean, there is exposed bedrock with decent gold, then a big hole, and them more of the exposed bedrock...and the downstream porthin of the bedrock after the hole doesnt have much in it. So Im hoping thats becuase its all piling up in that big hole smile Time will tell...

1 user likes this post: XIV

Cameronpatrol
28 November 2016 09:34 pm

Hopefully the hole is full of the good stuff.
Looks like a nice spot.

I've passed through whallhala a couple of times there's camping in the town.
But it just isn't the same as being out bush having your own spot.
We headed to the east of whallhala before Seaton. Of springs road
some really nice areas there.
One spot I have to go back to for sure.
Real good holes etc.
Just no where to pitch the family tent, think I'll take my hammock or swag and spend a weekend there.
Just smells like gold smile
Rooftop maps from aussidisposals and camping shops are great for finding camps,swimming/gold holes and rivers
Can pm some spots we for wheel drive into.
We're only new to the area so still exploring.
Cheers cam

Last edited by Cameronpatrol (28 November 2016 09:37 pm)

XIV
18 January 2017 12:16 pm

DigginForGold wrote:

Have definitely thought about the Walhalla area, but its just at that point for me where its far enough away that its too much for a day trip so I like to stay the night but I dont know any good places to camp down that way.

And yeah I want to go back to that Gippsland crevice spot when its dried up with some better tools, and am thinking about pumping out that pool at the end of the exposed bedrock there. I mean, there is exposed bedrock with decent gold, then a big hole, and them more of the exposed bedrock...and the downstream porthin of the bedrock after the hole doesnt have much in it. So Im hoping thats becuase its all piling up in that big hole smile Time will tell...

There are plenty of places over that way.
Walhalla is only the tip of the iceberg, that gold field is massive.
I've got several places I go, depending on areas that people are camping.
Cheers Kane.

One can never be wrong at doing the right thing.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site