ACT Canberra Groups or Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all,

I have been trying to pinpoint areas close to the ACT that are worthwhile to visit (day trips). From my research I can see that there are are gold bearing areas quite/very close to Canberra but don't event know if they even have nuggets? The GPS points etc on the map usually aren't much help. So far by my own accord, I've walked around quite a bit enjoyed the scenery found some great looking quartz and some trash and wire etc but not much else. So I'm wondering if there any groups in the ACT that head out occasionally? I don't want the directions to or to be taken to any secret super patch, id just like to know that I am actually detecting in a gold bearing area where nuggets are likely to be found. From there at least i can work it out for myself. I am thinking that this hobby is kinda like serving an apprenticeship thats there lots of walking and reading before you get any results. I hope this isn't barking up the wrong tree, this seems to be the issue that plagues most newbies. Sometimes you just need some help to learn.

Any groups heading out or people heading out, and don't mind somebody tagging along to learn let me know. Im not likely to find all of the gold I'm only running a F1A4.

Cheers

Hey Brendo, I'm also in Canberra and pretty new to fossicking, how are you going with everything?

Latest posts