Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark,

Just used my LG G4 phone. The 3D look was probably due to accepting YouTubes offer to add image stabilization. I kind of don't like it for some reason

1461576527_20160425_105951.jpg
1461576544_20160425_105713.jpg
1461576559_20160425_105835.jpg

DETECH ULTIMATE SPIRAL 15 DD COIL....DETECH STABLE.... :cool:

Hey Culisa, what are those coins you found? as look different sizes but same stampings

Did some testing on the 11" detech Ultra today on my 5000 and a customer's modded 4500. Used a range of small nuggets, and compared a bunch of coils. Coil ran smooth and banged hard on all the targets. It was virtually on par with the 12" evo, and matched or even exceeded the 8" mono for sensitivity.

Customer now has a new coil in his arsenal. For the dollars, this is the best bang for the buck coil on the market for the GPX series.

Also ran the 14x9" evo over the targets and it was equally impressive, had a slighly improvement on the smallest test piece which was a 0.07g bit, but the 11" Detech and 12" evo had a better hit on a .26g bit.

The suprise packet was the little 6" Detech mono. It hit all the test targets, but really had to be over the sweet spot of the deeper bits which means careful overlapping. So would be a great little patch "cleaner upper".

Also got out the 15x10 detech mono and not suprisingly it struggled on the 0.07g, but got all the others after a tweak of settings, mainly upping the Rx Gain. But the spirals really shone on the small bits.

Just a bit of an update on the 11" Ultra. Did some comparisons today against the 11" Commander and the Detech is superior by a significant margin. Signal responses are much sharper. The Detech also seemed less affected by EMI. I could crank my Rx Gain at least 3 points higher than the 11" Commander which gave an even better response.

Got some actual swing time on it recently and managed a small flat piece at impressive depth. Video to come.

Hard choice on the coils .....appears Detech produced a great little coil...for me its either the NF Evo 12" or the Detech 11" above in video. I am just thinking perhaps the 12" Evo will give a bit more depth on the smaller nuggets because of the extra inch...I do like the crisp and very pronounced sharp signal over the targets and they both appear to do well on that. Decisions decisions....... :) good video thanks Nenad !

Battery is about flat on phone ! Go to gold detecting 4umer an check out members finds for are a report on the 15 dd ,,,,will do a few good to broaden there horizons
:cool: 8)

DD mate and the settings you suggested coupled to my new Gogs. Thank you. ... Dug 56 lead targets as well... ' occasionally get a bit of feedback in the phones, is that from the detector booster coil. Or just the headphones ? Just a quick sharp crack you hear on a bands speakers at times cheers jed. Oh have another look at it , put up another pic for insperation. Cheers jed

Headphones only play what is fed into them so I'd say it was some EMI on the day. Maybe distant lighnting strikes?
Wow with that many lead targets, surely some more gold is hiding there

Hey Nenad heres one for ya just had me 4000 turn up in the post, was thinking a detac enhancer if it didn't have one , but it has a Lisheng guitar amplifier with it an a lead which obviously goes to the battery ,then the headphones into it. own 12v battery ,will this work with the Gogs or am I better getting the detac cheers Jed

Latest posts