My crevice sucker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi guys, I just built a really simple gold crevice sucker out of a wilson 30 inch bait pump, went to bunnings and got a 50-40mm reducer storm water fitting and a pressure 25-15mm reducer which just slides inside the other then just get 15mm pressure pipe and cut to various lengths and angles and go hunting.
All a good tight fit so no glue is needed.
1429426223_20150419_160638.jpg

1429426267_1429425841957.jpg
1429426301_20150419_160713.jpg

Ill post an update this week on how it goes.
Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,
I too, have a yabby pump sucker and the problem I had was it was capable of sucking jeesus Christ off the cross but when retrieving from the crevice the gravel fell out the bottom, so maybe having something like a non return flapper in there might hold your gravels in place,

Hey guys

I've had the same issues, and the y joints with the check valve get clogged up, so while I was at bunnings (weekly outing) I may have found a solution, it;s called a "Grey water diverter"

It's a T piece with a manual turn cock..........

What I like is that it's 2inch (50mm) all the way, I use the bilge pump to prospect in muddy and sandy creek and the material always falls out the bottom.

I had to use a couple of extra bit to get a solid fit but I like it.

I'm just off to the paying job but if you want I'll get some pics up in the morning

Cheers

Bazz

Why can't I say turn cock and not not have the o & c changed to @ & #

Censorship getting a little bent, don't you think?

Bazz

Hi guys.
The Whitworths pump seems a Good idea, I also have a grey water diverter, decisions decisions. Please post any pics you have, I'm interested in the idea.

I went to mount Crawford today, thinking there would be plenty of water around, not a drop, so my crevice sucker was no good, so had to use the pelican pick and bucket and will have to pan it soon.

in the meantime, please keep the ideas coming.

And, yes you are right about the cock, sensorship gone mad

cheers,
Paul

Just thought i'd throw up a pic of my yabby pump, modified it with a piece of 55mm silicone intercooler hose and the end of a 330ml coke bottle to decrease the inlet and create more suction. Works fairly well at getting the gravel into the pan or sluice, thinking about adding a screw on extension for the deeper crevices.
Prospecting on a budget is the mother of invention. :D
1429522581_20150420_190418__2.jpg

Latest posts