Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, gold increases in value an average os 10% per annum for the last 10 years.

A long time ago one ounce of gold = US$35, enough money to buy a three piece suit, then. for US$35 today, a nice T Shirt?

The US$ is getting weaker and weaker and it is deliberate. It is how they solve their debt issues. Devalue it!

Gold will once again be a reserve currency in the next few years because money whether it is US$ or A$ or Euro is all electronic..with a push of a button Ben Bernake prints US$85 billion every month to buy bonds and cause devaluation.

With a push of a computer key, any amount of electronic money can be taken from your electronic bank account. Ask the Cypriots.

Gold has a track record going back many thousands of years.

kiwited said:
As far as I know, gold increases in value an average os 10% per annum for the last 10 years.

A long time ago one ounce of gold = US$35, enough money to buy a three piece suit, then. for US$35 today, a nice T Shirt?

The US$ is getting weaker and weaker and it is deliberate. It is how they solve their debt issues. Devalue it!

Gold will once again be a reserve currency in the next few years because money whether it is US$ or A$ or Euro is all electronic..with a push of a button Ben Bernake prints US$85 billion every month to buy bonds and cause devaluation.

With a push of a computer key, any amount of electronic money can be taken from your electronic bank account. Ask the Cypriots.

Gold has a track record going back many thousands of years.

Bingo !!

And its not just the US depreciating their currency it's Japan and their yen and keep an eye on the Pound and Euro over the coming months.

Cut n pasted

The New Global Currency Market
What the Chinese seem to like are these things called special drawing rights, or SDRs, created by the International Monetary Fund in 1969. Special drawing rights are basically a basket of monies, plural: the dollar, the euro, the yen, and the pound sterling.
One thing that hasnt been part of an SDR in 40 years is gold, but international regulators are set to upgrade gold to whats called a Tier 1 banking asset; gold will back bonds and loans and depending on the rules, be a basis for fractional banking.
Now in a sense its back to the future, because the world relied on the gold standard until the 20th century when they went off it to finance modern wars and stuff.
So anyhow, the IMFs next major revision of the SDRs is scheduled for 2015, so if you are China indeed, think like a Chinese what are you doing for the next two years? You are accumulating as much gold as you possibly can in the Middle Kingdom, as many tons as you can import and mine.
Youre not bragging about it. Youll publicly report the absolute minimum amount of information that youre required to under international treaties and obligations. Youll even go as far as to boldly deny any large accumulation. Youre not going to tell the world that youre buying gold because then everybody will bid the price up and itll cost you more.
Youre going to buy as much gold as you can so that in 2015 when the IMF revises the SDR basket for accounting purposes, you can say, Weve got XX thousand tons of gold, and by default or by de facto our Chinese currency is the strongest currency in the world.
The yuan wont be the reserve currency, but a major component of the SDR. And the SDR will now be the backing of the worlds reserve currency along with a gold component that could come sooner than later.
By 2015 the global monetary system as we know it will be very different. The US, Europe, China will have the three dominant paper currencies in the SDR, and, more importantly everybodys going be looking at everybody elses gold holdings.

As Far as I know, when IMF meet and vote for things, USA has about 60% voting rights, China relatively nil %, Gemany, Uk etc make up the 100%

In 2015 there will be a realignment based on current GDP's and Gold Holdings, USA vote will reduce, and China's vote will increase hugely. US, China, Euro (if it still exists) Rouble and Rupee etc will get voting rights that match their economies.

US$ will no longer be dominant. My 0.1 gram is looking good!

Recently, Germany took their gold from Bank Of England and it is now in Germany. Then they went to the USA for their gold and guess what! It wasn't there and the US has promised to give it to them in 7 years! :eek:

http: // www. resourceinvestor.com/2013/02/04/ the-bernanke-shock-and-germanys-gold-repatriation

ps Dont keep all your eggs in one basket

I had a friend years who sold his house and decided to put what he made into gold and silver. He was offered a deal where the seller (a reputable firm) offered to keep the gold secure at their premises for a monthly fee. He decline the offer and asked for the goods to have and to hold :) they informed him that they Didn't have it on hand and he had to wait over 3 weeks to get the gold. They were going to charge him to store a piece of paper that said I.O.U. It is now buried somewhere that only he knows where. You need to be very careful.

If you buy gold check out Perth Mint. You can buy physical gold, ingots or coins, which for a fee they deliver. You can buy physical gold which they store for you, or a fee. It is your gold. Perth Mint is underwritted by WA government.

You can also buy 'Unallocated Gold' from Perth mint, sometimes called foldin gold. It too is underwritten by WA govt. People from all over the world buy it. I dare say they will have some Cypriot customers...

I have a marine mate who told me that gold was going to go down recently didn't take much notice of it untill i gave him a bell the other day and he told me that gold took a beating because the US was preparing for war with north korea. Apparently the Army trade quite a bit of gold and they had to liquidate their stocks to make available a budget for manufacturing weapns in case we went to war. Dont know if its just whispers but its interesting that the situation in korea has stabilised and gold moved up a bit.

Normally global instability like the prospect of war causes the gold price to rise not fall. I doubt that the US Army would be holding any gold at all as their funding is from the US government and they would not be happy with fixed funding for projects being used to speculate on fluctuating gold prices.

Hi everyone, :)

I like the topic tonight!!

(1) CURRENCY,,, has anyone heard or Amero currency {http://www.amerocurrency.com/} apparently its a combination of American and Europe currency.

Quote = one way to save America from going down the drain is to merge with other currency including China.

(2) WAR,,, that's the only thing the G.I. Joe are good at, if the world stop shooting each other, 80% of American would be jobless.

(3) GOLD & DEPRESSION,,, I'm depress co'z every time I dig a hole I cannot find gold, 8.(

Enjoy ,, Cheers, :D

There's a big difference in the value of physical gold and paper gold. If you cant hold it you dont own it. There will be a lot of disappointed people on this planet in the next few years ( when they go to collect ) because it simply wont be there. Senator Ron Paul caused a panic a few years back when he called for an audit of america's gold reserves. They refused then and still refuse. Why ?????

Because its not there.

There is already more paper gold than has ever been mined from the earth. :8

G,day All, The points.... put forward about the gold price and it's predicted price and the world economy maybe summed up with the old saying,,,,, The Golden Rule... He Who Has The Gold Makes The Rules !

Regards L/R

BoydWilliam said:
I noticed that the price of gold has skyrocketed over the past 7 or 8 years.
Does anyone see this trend continuing?
Or will the ass fall out of gold and see the prices drop dramatically?

Sorry buddy I think the ass will fall out of it. I have a mate in Germany who works with futures etc (it's all above my head) but he reckons its going to drop to $US700 oz.

Cheers
Pete

Interesting debate going on here, what would happen if the price of gold fell dramatically?
Apart from being attractive to collectors, prospectors and investors for its history, allure and value it has an important place in modern technology for its physical and chemical properties which will maintain a decent level of demand in the future. For this reason my belief is that its never a bad time to invest in gold you can touch and see. :cool:

If it drops to his $700 us an ounce put me down for 100 ounces.....Oh thats if there is any left after the rush.
;)

I used to trade commodities futures

There are some things that cant be discussed on internet forums as you would quickly find your computer hac ked and you would be targeted for 'unwanted attention' that would render you being incapable of participating in the equities business.

What some bloke might say is that every commodity and market is now heavily influenced by major banks and trading houses who all use " black box " trader bots , these are massive computers that use sophisticated software to engage in automated trades , some of them capable of executing 10,000 trades per second on pretty much any market they choose.
If they want the market "to move in one direction or another" , they can do so.

A person might also say that a small percentage of 'connected' rich folks at the top are privvy to insider information , they are ahead of the herd and trade with a 'contrarian philosophy' to whatever the herd is doing.

If the media and "equity analysts" are telling you dump ABC it means they are accumulating and manipulating the price down to do so

If they tell you to buy XYZ its because they are selling and setting up short positions to profit when it falls.

Sometimes however , the abovementioned people get screwed by 'unforseen events' , or they cop a loss because another world power takes an opposing trade which they didnt see coming.

An example might be back around 2008 - 2009 when a euro block superpower' decided to buy gold in one night popping the price up around $100 per ounce , while simultaneously dumping bank stocks in another country' they were having a barny with over some financial instruments they had been sold . said bank stocks fell around 22 - 24% in one session of trade. not one to infer or suggest anything , but whatever the barny was about , they must have gone dancing , kissed , and made up because after they had polite conversations with each other , everything was allowed to return to 'normal' . whatever 'normal' is.

So , while generally the markets are influenced by a very small percentage of players , they are not always on top of things and potential exists for things to turn nasty very very quickly , and the "safeguards" which are supposed to prevent such things may not always save our ass. There is potential for fiscal imbalances to rapidly swing out of control and none of us really know the status of the invisible dominos that can exist out there in the form of 'vapourware' financial instruments , nor what debt obligations might suddenly spiral out of control due to the nature of their construction , or due to sudden massive fluctuations in foreign exchange rates between parties where debt or contractual obligations exist.

Moral of the story :
dont believe everything the'experts' tell you
dont rely on other people to protect your ass
dont expose your ass to highly leveraged positions
dont put all your asses in one basket
try to have access to a spare ass for emergencies

and be kind to your mother :eek:

good luck peepil :8

HeadsUp said:
I used to trade commodities futures

There are some things that cant be discussed on internet forums as you would quickly find your computer hac ked and you would be targeted for 'unwanted attention' that would render you being incapable of participating in the equities business.

What some bloke might say is that every commodity and market is now heavily influenced by major banks and trading houses who all use " black box " trader bots , these are massive computers that use sophisticated software to engage in automated trades , some of them capable of executing 10,000 trades per second on pretty much any market they choose.
If they want the market "to move in one direction or another" , they can do so.

A person might also say that a small percentage of 'connected' rich folks at the top are privvy to insider information , they are ahead of the herd and trade with a 'contrarian philosophy' to whatever the herd is doing.

If the media and "equity analysts" are telling you dump ABC it means they are accumulating and manipulating the price down to do so

If they tell you to buy XYZ its because they are selling and setting up short positions to profit when it falls.

Sometimes however , the abovementioned people get screwed by 'unforseen events' , or they cop a loss because another world power takes an opposing trade which they didnt see coming.

An example might be back around 2008 - 2009 when a euro block superpower' decided to buy gold in one night popping the price up around $100 per ounce , while simultaneously dumping bank stocks in another country' they were having a barny with over some financial instruments they had been sold . said bank stocks fell around 22 - 24% in one session of trade. not one to infer or suggest anything , but whatever the barny was about , they must have gone dancing , kissed , and made up because after they had polite conversations with each other , everything was allowed to return to 'normal' . whatever 'normal' is.

So , while generally the markets are influenced by a very small percentage of players , they are not always on top of things and potential exists for things to turn nasty very very quickly , and the "safeguards" which are supposed to prevent such things may not always save our ass. There is potential for fiscal imbalances to rapidly swing out of control and none of us really know the status of the invisible dominos that can exist out there in the form of 'vapourware' financial instruments , nor what debt obligations might suddenly spiral out of control due to the nature of their construction , or due to sudden massive fluctuations in foreign exchange rates between parties where debt or contractual obligations exist.

Moral of the story :
dont believe everything the'experts' tell you
dont rely on other people to protect your ass
dont expose your ass to highly leveraged positions
dont put all your asses in one basket
try to have access to a spare ass for emergencies

and be kind to your mother :eek:

good luck peepil :8

Do a search for "The Secret World of Gold" its still about on youtube and alike.
Backs up what "Heads Up" is saying above and more.
Manipulation of the markets at the very highest and richest levels and not just the gold markets.

I have been inundated with calls asking about the recent drop in Gold and Silver.

I found this article to answer the questions.

Is Gold Price Trying to Tell Us Another 2008 Crisis is Lurking in the Shadows?
1372224047_monthlygoldchart6-2013.jpeg

Read article here Source: http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article41079.html

I remain 100% sure you should hold your gold, it is going to explode to 3000.00 plus.

Cheers
Mike

@GoldCompany

Totally agree Mike

This is just another Cyprus event, they are trying to flush Gold/Silver away from the little people before The world currencies collapse and it goes back to a gold standard.

And the paper Price of Gold is certainly not reflected in the Actual Price of Gold,
I say hold that Gold, Its going to bounce way back too happy days

Deano

DeanInSydney said:
@GoldCompany

........... before The world currencies collapse and it goes back to a gold standard............

Deano

do you think it might be a safe assumption to make , that IF paper currencies collapsed it would probably be because a superpower allowed it to

and they would only allow it to because they already have 5 strategies planned to profit from it ?

They dont sit around all day playing billiards or golf . they sit around exercising the cumulative experience of their multiple generations of power , wealth and influence and planning layers of strategy that would result in more power , wealth and control.

no matter which way the cards fall , they would have a system to profit from it.

and they would create a fall guy for us all to blame , hate and point fingers at
:|

Latest posts