⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggit said:
You're in an enviable position NG, when/where you can pop out for a couple hours swingin', here and there. Very well done and thanks all for posting your finds :Y:

Its funny you say that mate. Years ago I was a mad keen Murray Cod fisherman. I Used to travel 4 hours every weekend to catch them for 9 months of the year. The obsession became so great I quit my job of 10 years and moved to the Murray River to live.

Long story short after living there for a year or so I took up lawn bowls.

Seems the journey was the best part of the whole deal. I went from fishing every weekend to fishing once a month and then only winter. 10 years ago I gave it away and have since moved home.

Whilst it is great living close to goldfields the journey still is the best part. Getting in the car and driving to a new location in the hope of finding that nugget of a lifetime.
The time spent in the car thinking of where you will go, what you may find is awesome.

Gold is just an added bonus at the end if your lucky enough to find some.

Nothing Great said:
diggit said:
You're in an enviable position NG, when/where you can pop out for a couple hours swingin', here and there. Very well done and thanks all for posting your finds :Y:

Its funny you say that mate. Years ago I was a mad keen Murray Cod fisherman. I Used to travel 4 hours every weekend to catch them for 9 months of the year. The obsession became so great I quit my job of 10 years and moved to the Murray River to live.

Long story short after living there for a year or so I took up lawn bowls.

Seems the journey was the best part of the whole deal. I went from fishing every weekend to fishing once a month and then only winter. 10 years ago I gave it away and have since moved home.

Whilst it is great living close to goldfields the journey still is the best part. Getting in the car and driving to a new location in the hope of finding that nugget of a lifetime.
The time spent in the car thinking of where you will go, what you may find is awesome.

Gold is just an added bonus at the end if your lucky enough to find some.

I also love the journey but as for the hit at the fuel bowser and the long journey home with a bag full of bullets, not so much ;)

I only prospect to keep my optimism in check :D

After almost getting a poke in the eye on Sunday and struggling to walk with back issues the obsession overtook the pain and decided to stop at an old spot for an hour on the way home. Glad I did as I was just about to say screw it and head home. Not a great tally but enough to give me a bit of a pick me up.
1545201852_4c4e5e01-613e-47bc-a8f8-2e829bf8443d.jpg

Ok so I may have said I was gunna ease up on the posts but today was too good not to share. The Mrs said I had to babysit for her tonight so I only had two hours to shoot out the bush for a quick detect. Tried a new spot which I hadnt been to before and picked up a little tacker in the first hour. With 15 minutes to spare I got a nice signal under a small stick I had just kicked out of the way. About 15 or 16 inches later this ripper poked its head out of the ground. What a christmas present :D
1545203311_2018-12-19_17.58.05.jpg

1545203342_2018-12-19_17.59.56.jpg

1545203369_2018-12-19_17.59.35.jpg

1545203398_2018-12-19_17.59.09.jpg

1545203426_2018-12-19_17.55.34.jpg

Latest posts