⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Ship of fools said:
4 freaking Ounces!
I think you need some help with that!
Im very jealous!
Matt T

I don't know why I got put 30 k

7.972 ounces going by google.
Current gold price is $1672.50 rounded.
So $13,331.50 rounded.
Disbelief on my part!
If I found an ounce I would still be sitting in a corner rocking!
Matt T

Coota said:
Hi Did n -it, used a 4,500 and Zed combo. Out for three weeks, will melt it down shortly maybe sell some larger bits if I can find a buyer

I know 2 fellas that buy at spot price from Bendigo and Kalgoorlie but have to be 4 oz up.
If you want to sell anything larger than 4 just PM me.

I understand people have to make ends meet and recoup their expenses and each to their own :Y: , but personaly i couldnt sell any of the nuggets i find let alone melting it into a unidentifiable bar , it would be like loosing a pet.
I guess im more of a collector and find a lot of joy in the story each nugget tells and be able to bequeath them to my family so they can see what this silly old bugger done for fun :).
No offence to anyone :) just my opinion :)

That really is a great picture of beutiful nuggets and it is great to know theres still patches left that can produce a haul like that in 3 weeks :Y: :Y: , most of us wont find ground good enough to get that much before we die . :Y:

I also reckon parks and wildlife should buy everybody's nuggets and redistribute them to keep the tourism alive :D and we all know that wont happen :lol:

RM Outback said:
What ever the value it's a bloody ripper haul :Y:, I love seeing people who use similar gear to me get great finds it gives me hope :Y: and that's gold in itself.

That's the best way to buy a good detector as well, I did it that way many years ago, first week very depressed, second week I learned to trust the machine and I was finding everything :Y:

J.

aussiefarmer said:
but personaly i couldnt sell any of the nuggets i find let alone melting it into a unidentifiable bar , it would be like loosing a pet.
I guess im more of a collector and find a lot of joy in the story each nugget tells and be able to bequeath them to my family so they can see what this silly old bugger done for fun :).
I'm exactly the same.

Well done Coota, that's a great haul for 3 weeks work and something a lot of us dream about weighing :Y:

lordo.1 said:
Wishfull said:
Damn good find. Just bothers me that I have an SDC 2300 and 4500 and I go out and find scrap metal here in South Australia. WA to the west and the GT to the East whadda u do ?
If ya can go west Wishfull if not come to the GT and help us locals remove nails and bullets all help is welcome .
Been there GT done that LOL !

Wishfull said:
lordo.1 said:
Wishfull said:
Damn good find. Just bothers me that I have an SDC 2300 and 4500 and I go out and find scrap metal here in South Australia. WA to the west and the GT to the East whadda u do ?
If ya can go west Wishfull if not come to the GT and help us locals remove nails and bullets all help is welcome .
Been there GT done that LOL !
But we need you back in the GT ........ still plenty of junk ....... but leave the gold ;)

Hi Mackka, have you done much detecting at Top Camp Cloncurry area? Went there yesterday with the family but with the usual results. One piece of wire and an old button of some sort. So much country to look around. Being new to Mount Isa, hard to know where to start. So far just discovered the pies are good at the Cloncurry Bakery.

Latest posts