⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find bushpig,
The z should have paid for itself by now.
Its been so long since I've been out that l relise it was with you that l went out with on my laat trip.
Life can sure get in the way sometimes.
Cheers Steve

1510400242_61837744-8fa5-4839-a6fd-80f7eaac5f5e.jpg

Hi guys this is my finds for the last 2days detecting better than nothing I let my dad use my gpx5000 today. I went & hired a gpz7000 for the weekend to put over the same ground I have been working over just to see if the z would bring much more up only this little tacker.....its good in one way to compare the two machines over the same ground to see if the gpx left much behind but obviously not much hehe bad part is it cost me $200 to find out. I guess its better than $9500 hey. Mate found 31.6 grams today and have been invited to test out the z on his land so will be interesting to see how it performs. I have personally found a few little niggles the z has over the gpx but they are only my opinion so Ill keep them to myself dont wish to start a war :) :)
1510400942_0cc83e1e-66a9-43ab-8146-d9a871dcdd5c.jpg

Congrats PP.
Theres nothing like the feeling of finding your first bit of gold. Now you have the right equipment and with continued desire and efforts it should start to flow. Keep at it and we look forward to seeing your next piece soon.

Is that the NF 14x9 coil you have?
How deep was the 0.15 nugget?
Cheers

Yeah almost shed a tear when it revealed itself as it's been 3 years in the making, my hands shaking for about a good 10 mins.
Correct the 14x9 evo and it was on the edge of a wash rut in a raked area at about 1.5 inches, good signal to start with but after a few small scrapes it must have turned on it's side as I lost the signal in the pile but after spreading the pile it showed up again. It air tested at 3" and settings were pretty much factory in Enhanced.

Well done PP!
On another note, I always bring home especially hot rocks to crush and pan.
Here are some results from the past two weekends:
1510475204_specs.jpg

Whilst they are too small to be detected by the 4500 (total gold in the pic from 10 rocks is probably ~ 0.05g - using USB microscope), it does show that some of the hot rocks that I found are in gold producing ground.
It's amazing that even these specs look like some nuggets 100 times larger.

BigWave said:
Well done PP!
On another note, I always bring home especially hot rocks to crush and pan.
Here are some results from the past two weekends:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6786/1510475204_specs.jpg
Whilst they are too small to be detected by the 4500 (total gold in the pic from 10 rocks is probably ~ 0.05g - using USB microscope), it does show that some of the hot rocks that I found are in gold producing ground.
It's amazing that even these specs look like some nuggets 100 times larger.

Hey BW, agree, I have crushed a number of suspicious hot rocks only to find gold. The Z is very good at picking them giving a more definitive response rather then the broad typical repsonse.

Latest posts