⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 for Easter, SDC, weight as is 0.38 and 6.83g.
1492496906_p4181011.jpg

After spending quality time with Big Wave, Dig'n-it, Patrick1 & Mr Marty Moose in the GT, we had great success on the social front, but little on the yellow.

Covered some great areas, but as always that patch has avoided us for now.

I managed to vacuum up a few bits with the SDC, but thank goodness the company was good.

1492514663_img_1734.jpg

Hi All

Some small Easter gold from the GT, two found with the SDC and the rest with the 4500.

The best find though was two Echidnas that has fallen down a 6 ft miners hole.
I had to use my pick to turn them over and put them in a plastic tub to get them out of the hole.
It was also their lucky day.

Au

1492514956_img_0387-min.jpg

Great to see some Easter finds guys.had a trip planned but due to my caring sharing daughter was stuck at home spending some quality time getting to know my bed and the porcelain bus. This weekends looking better.Jwal you've really got the sdc working hard,there that small I can't see em. :)

SteelPat said:
Teemore said:
Some nice finds there guys .....
Looks like you're not missing the GPZ too much there Steelpat.
Cheers Tom.
I am - pretty sure I would have had more. Need to ground balance a lot more with 4500 and more EMI issues.
Having now experience with a Zed and 4500 I certainly agree that the 4500 is more sensitive, in a bad way, to ground noise and emi. Z is a lot more stable, even though you get more light chatter. Targets with the Z come through sharp and clear above the chatter. Also Zed is more sensitive on small targets. I find a lot more shotgun pellets with the Z than 4500/Evo combination. However, still have to walk over the gold for either to find it.

Congrats NE on finding your PB:Y: and good going RS plus love your photography, you take the best shots mate.
Well done hyperdaryl18,SP,22Shells,AUaddict and jwal but i can't see your gold mate 8) You might have to take another photo.

1492611203_specimen_0.211_and_0.115.jpg

Two finds for April. The one on the left was a specimen in iron stained quartz weighing 0.211 grams but I crushed the quartz off and it now weighs 0.145 grams. The one on the right went 0.115 grams from a mullock that I had previously detected. Full story of finds in Detectors/Minelab/Eureka Gold section of the forum.

Cheers Bob.

First swing in 4 months , it took 6 hours of detecting to get the first bit :rolleyes: even at a wopping 0.03 it made my day and reinvigorated me to do another 6 hrs :Y:
1492684822_img_20170420_192449_921.jpg

Air testing some of those nuggets the sdc was only getting 4inches , so add dirt and rocks i can see why it cant find any outside the oldtime workings.

Wow 4 months is a long time AF and you did good finding some yellow on your first day back :Y: well done.

aussiefarmer said:
Air testing some of those nuggets the sdc was only getting 4inches , so add dirt and rocks i can see why it cant find any outside the oldtime workings.

The SDC only air tested at 4" because the gold is quite small. A bigger machine might not have found them at all.

Latest posts