Post Your Sweetest Images Here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
What about sharing a high res version?
Understand if you don't wish to.
It really is a brilliant pic.

Im happy to share a low resolution image but you have to understand that I enter competitions and also sell these images, which by providing a high resolution image could compromise the results.

Palmer River sunset. Breathe a big sigh of relief when you see these. :) first of four for this trip.
1532591193_b391e9dc-8c76-4fc8-923d-504512109934.jpg
1532591209_1a7f065d-1d77-413e-b95d-457d01a768a5.jpg

Manpa said:

Yay! :party: :Y: Some people can't see anything and most only see the one. Funny thing is on a second shot only taken seconds apart the other frog is easier to see. Can't claim I initially saw either of them.

Billy said:
Mr Magoo said:
Manpa said:
Frog on tree?

Close ;)

Brilliant Mr M!

Is that a Leopard wood tree those pair are perched on?

http://www.racingshadow.com/albums/Australia2002/NewSouthWales/LightningRidge/album23.html

TBH I wouldn't know although the surrounding vegetation doesn't match. It was on a tree in Malaysian Borneo. Stayed a place called "Uncle Tan's Jungle Camp" (not as corny as it sounds :) ) on the Kinabatang river just south of Sandakan. Saw all sorts of weird things. I'll post another up.

Tiger leeches were the most common thing there by far. I remember one that used to stand guard outside the dunny 24/7. Wiggling around and stretching out from it's little leaf in hope of grabbing a unsuspecting passer by as they were more distracted by other things (like the dunny paper disposal system).

But the most memorable one was the one that climbed inside my boxers and started sucking where I'd rather a leech didn't. We were on a trek through the rain forest at the time. The choice was lag behind and possibly end up lost while trying to tug the sucker (pun intended) off or let it have it's merry way.
I reluctantly let it suck on them until it had satisfied it's thirst. :| before dropping off as little fat blood filled sausage.
Trouble was the humiliation didn't end once the little sucker had, had it's fill because as you probably know leeches inject an anticoagulant. So I'll let you work out what happened next. It wasn't pretty. It was a bloody mess. :eek:

Sorry, got a bit side tracked there. :lol:

How does one get full colour saturation photos. And what does it all mean.... when I look up my moon is rather dull in comparison.
So what and how is the difference that I see here. ? 8)
intrigued :rainbow:

My other Hobby.

Well, my main Hobby. This is what keeps me up all night lol

Brilliant shots! Beautiful. 8)

A mate of mine did this about 25yrs ago. He bought this massive 2m long Russian telescope that turned up in this big green wooden crate. Set it up on this concrete slab, hooked up to his Amiga 500 and with stacking could get the most impressive unimaginable shots.

Something I'd love to do. :Y:

Sweet pics but my problem is when looking at pics of galaxys im wondering who is looking back at ours, it really does my head in thinking about the shear weight of numbers of planets that could be like ours that support life. Then again why does it have to be like ours to support life. This always amazes me that scientists look for things that are like us. Maybe other life forms dont need oxygen or water to survive. Could be totally different from what the boffins think.

silver said:
How does one get full colour saturation photos. And what does it all mean.... when I look up my moon is rather dull in comparison.
So what and how is the difference that I see here. ? 8)
intrigued :rainbow:

The Moon only appears grey/white to us because it is so bright and the colours on the Moon are very weak.
To achieve a full colour image after photographing the Moon all you do is raise the Colour Saturation level in Image software like PhotoShop.

The colours tell us what mineral it is in that area.
Bluish areas are heavy in Titanium, pink areas are iron-poor aluminum-rich feldspars, etc. :)

Bjay said:
Sweet pics but my problem is when looking at pics of galaxys im wondering who is looking back at ours, it really does my head in thinking about the shear weight of numbers of planets that could be like ours that support life. Then again why does it have to be like ours to support life. This always amazes me that scientists look for things that are like us. Maybe other life forms dont need oxygen or water to survive. Could be totally different from what the boffins think.

I totally agree. And so do most Scientists and Astrobiologists. Life does not necessarily have to be anything like us. Life exists even in boiling Sulphur Ponds. They have just discovered life under hundreds of metres of Ice in Antarctica. Freaked out the Science community. It shouldn't be possible, yet there it is. Alive in pitch black frozen solid Ice, and possibly has been there for thousands or millions of years!
The chances of life 'out there' is extremely high. There are billions of planets orbiting the billions of stars in a Galaxy, and we now know there are over 200 Billion Galaxies. So that's more than a Thousand Trillion places life could exist.
So even if there was life on only 1 planet out of the Billions in each galaxy, that's still more than 200 Billion possible places for life. Mind boggling isn't it :p

Latest posts