Building a large capacity High-banker - Instructional video

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Newby...same offer as for Johno...I have spare mesh if you need some....It would be better to put the extra money into purchasing the best pump you can afford....Cheers Wal. :)

Haha cheers Wal. No worries I already have some but thank you very much for the offer. I managed to pull some strings at Onga where I used to work and a supplier to the old man. Picked myself a pretty cheap blazemaster. I cant wait.. Hope to take it out next week.

wal have you tried the unbacked mat . i notice the one you have is backed , bunnings in toowoomba only had the unbacked when i bought mine .

johno

I only use the backed one johno...it gives the gold a place to stop moving and makes the clean out easier. The unbacked one will still work fine but keep checking and sooner or later you'll be able to find a backed one ...best of luck ...Cheers Wal. :)

ok ta , i might have a look in clark rubber next week they may have it .

1362633825_highbanker.jpg

My new beast! I pick it up tomorrow she is a monster 1200mm length 350mm sluice the flair for the hopper feed is a whopping 600mm across. Using the riffles set out in the video. Heading out on the weekend to make it a used highbanker. Only weighs 13.8kilo light enough to hike with even with the hopper on it. going to be processing machine. Big 5.5hp 2inch 4 stroke pumping upto 650l/min into it. Can smell the gold already.

hey wal question ...........is there any reason why not to use the walkway mesh all the way through instead of switching to the bread crate stuff part way down .
i just think the ally mesh will clamp down tighter to the bottom of the sluice cos its not as flexy .
have you tried it that way ????
johno

Hi johno...in most areas the expanded mesh is more than OK strait through....only time the crate comes into it's own is on the fine flour gold. If your crate is too flexible because of the width I would run a small Ally angle at each end and one in the middle. If the gold is reasonably coarse in your area then just run the expanded mesh..Cheers Wal. :)

Looking great Newby....and with that size motor you'll be able to generate a bit of hydro electricity back into the grid..lol. ;) looking forward to seeing it all cranked up on the stream..best of luck.Cheers Wal. :)

Wish I had seen this a few weeks ago, oh well see how mine goes and if Im not happy ill build one like yours. Great video.

Nicely designed highbankers in all the photo's pictured here. Seeing what you fellas have made really gets me interested to try one out too. Many thanks to Wal for taking the time to explain the effect of having a vortex flow in the sluice. Thanks

Pauly said:
Wish I had seen this a few weeks ago, oh well see how mine goes and if Im not happy ill build one like yours. Great video.

I'm sure yours will work absolutely great Pauly ;) ...All Bankers will trap gold, and It's only when you want to move "large " volumes, that some have advantages over others. The most important thing about any banker is that it is light enough to carry a few kms. That's how you're going to get better gold than the next guy. Cheers Wal. :)

Okay i'll admit it, you got me keen! Great video Wal! Although the more i turned up my speakers, i swear the wind decided to blow harder :p

Told the missus a new project is on the cards, however I haven't told her "what" :cool:

I think i might struggle for the catwalk mesh but see what i can find.

ANGRE7 said:
Okay i'll admit it, you got me keen! Great video Wal! Although the more i turned up my speakers, i swear the wind decided to blow harder :p

Told the missus a new project is on the cards, however I haven't told her "what" :cool:

I blame Liz for the wind Angre7....she said it was calm before we went to shoot it ...guess i should have checked. :eek: If you keep the vol low it seems to be clearer, ;) If you decide to build one mate just let me know what size catwalk mesh you need and i can send some to you....got plenty lying around...Cheers Wal. :)

WalnLiz said:
ANGRE7 said:

I blame Liz for the wind Angre7....she said it was calm before we went to shoot it ...guess i should have checked. :eek: If you keep the vol low it seems to be clearer, ;) If you decide to build one mate just let me know what size catwalk mesh you need and i can send some to you....got plenty lying around...Cheers Wal. :)

Wal....mate....buddy.................

You just walked right into this one bud!!!! Sorry...
But that me!!!!!!
Just wanna help Liz out yaknow??
http://www.homemademedicine.com/homeremediesflatulence.html

Hey guys,

Sorry if this post is out of place but I am pretty new to the rules of forums etc
I am looking to build a highbanker/sluice very similar to the one in your video WalnLiz. (Your videos are absolutely brilliant I might add, extremely informative, well shot etc etc the list goes on honestly :)

My question is are there any plans available or could you point me in the right direction please?

Also as someone that has stumbled across this information through researching the internet I believe, if you were so inclined you could sell the plans as a digital download...(if you do not already)

Again I apologise if this is in the wrong thread etc and I will happily take any instruction/criticism ;)

Thanks

Tim

hello wal i am building my second sluice but this time i am using some of your ideas i have walk way mesh but am unsure if it
is too high it is 2cm hight,i would love to have your opinion thanks jono
P1040958_zps76e56554.jpg

P1040957_zpsb3c47fd5.jpg

Latest posts