old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto BumbleB, and thankyou they're my thoughts almost to the letter ... but i deleted my words and re-wrote a lighter response in the end but it is human nature to push into the unknown - but restricted only for hardy souls :D

Each to their own, and no I did no call him a jerk. I said I hope the gov dosent do a knee jerk reaction. I think I also complimented him on his photos.

I'll clarify my concerns so hopefully you understand better where I'm coming from.
Just the last few days in the news... Prospector lost in outback. Yep, just like HTY doing a risky thing but perfectly legal, knee jerk reaction... Police pushing to make EPIRB mandatory for prospectors.
Imagine HTY or someone else dies in a mine... Knee jerk reaction? Unsafe ones in the area, let's shut the area down.

Dept of Mines, police, gold squad etc all monitor the forums, they told us this back in January. Hence why a few other forums now have no discussion on dredging and anything that could affect our hobby adversely.

Now, apart from all that, HTY can do what ever he pleases, and good luck to him, I support that. BUT, my conscience can not let me sit idly by without commenting on what a deadly game of Russian roulette he is playing.
Someone mentioned skydiving, big difference. I personally have 210 jumps up, it took training and the correct up to date safety equipment, sadly neither of which HTY by his own admission has.

HTY just be safe.

Cheers,

Steve

I think any one who jumps out of good plane is mad or has a death wish just me :)

Most aviation accidents happen while landing, safer to hop off before it tries to land! :)

loamer said:
Hunting - here is a link for you. It's the State Library of Victoria. It has the links to mine maps - all free to download. There are 27 that I counted.

http://search.slv.vic.gov.au/primo_...p=ALL&fn=search&vid=MAIN&institution=SLVPRIMO

here is an example. fascinating picture of the mines you have done.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1387777371_aaaaa.jpg

Loamer ........ that picture needs to be in the " Have you got an awesome picture" catagory

its absolutely mindblowing the multitude of tunnels in that ants nest

thanks for posting and enlightening me about what can actually be underneath our feet 8)

thanks for all the reply's sorry madtuna for a miss under standing but its like all hobby's it can be dangerous and deadly but I suppose if your digging away with your pick and hit your foot instead and break it that's just as bad as falling down a old shaft but the only difference is you did it to your self lol :lol:

No probs mate and I'm sorry if what I posted offends you but I only posted it out of concern as I know of two people who died doing what you do and don't particularly want to know a third.
Just a bit of info for you also, one of the fellows on another forum who told you basically the same thing is one of australasias most highly qualified and experienced cavers responsible for mapping and safety checks and setting up cave systems for tourism throughout Asia and Australia.

Cheers,

Steve

Nah mate another bloke who works for NPWS, he's in charge of their cave program and manages Jenolan caves, we'll he did, not sure if he still does.

Ark whines about everything, I only whine about a couple of things occasionally lol

madtuna said:
Nah mate another bloke who works for NPWS, he's in charge of their cave program and manages Jenolan caves, we'll he did, not sure if he still does.

Ark whines about everything, I only whine about a couple of things occasionally lol

ok m8 :)

Im glad to see that everyone cares, that is the main point and whilst this could have got out of hand, sanity prevails this is one of the better posts on the forum very detailed and informative and well thought out
Everyone should be careful in our hobby as at the moment it is self regulated to some extent and it would be good to keep it that way

The date is on the Geological Survey Map. However, that may be when the map was made.

HTY those are some amazing photo's. you wouldn't get me in those tunnels but im glad your crazy enough to go in with a camera, keep posting those great shots.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts