Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Land Rover said:
G,day All ,,Has anyone heard of or tried RPG headphones ??????

L/R
Yes they came stock with my Garrett AT Pro (they come under a few names) and are configured in looks slightly different or so i was told, they died after 6 months so i put set of Sunray pro golds on and these are the ducks guts.

For my CTX3030 i am going for a set of Waterproof Gray Ghosts.

Many thanks ATD ,,After 10 yrs of service My Koss headphones died ,,And I was offered the RPG units ,,BUT I think now I will go back to Koss or similar .

L/R

I have the KOSS with my 3030, not sure i am into them, seem a bit bulky to me, but alot of people swear by them, definately a heaps better headset than what you were offered though.

The best headphones i have come across are the black widow headphones from america , individual volume controls for each ear , and configured for detectors , every one i know who has bought these swears by them

Hi everyone,

I have done a search of PA but couldn't find any topic that related to this. (or maybe I'm just blind and overlooked it) I thought it would be a good topic for discussion about what types of headphones people are using and any what they think of them. This may help new prospectors to select headphones in the future it they do not like the standard ones.

I am considering getting a set of wireless headphones for my Xterra 705. What I'm interested in is a bit of feedback from anyone that is currently using wireless and what they think of them. I have done some Google searches and notice that a lot of people are using the TDK wr700 wireless headphones. If anyones using these, what are they like? ie; lag, volume etc

Anyway, any feedback would be great or any recommendations of any other wireless headphones would also be appreciated.

Willo1.

Have sent you a message.

Detech has a unit and the Australian Dealer is based in Daisy Hill here in Victoria.

Give Peter a call for more info if your interested.

I use the TDK headphones for few weeks already and can't complain about them. In fact I'm very happy not to be wired with the detector. I do not notice any lag, the targets are usually, where the detector reports them :D

The volume can be set on the headphones separately, so no issue there. I go out almost exclusively for coin shooting (predecimals) with my X-Terra, so I can't say much how the sound is when hunting for gold (in prospecting mode). For me, the sound is excellent for my purposes, I wouldn't expect anything else if in prospecting mode.

You just always need to keep a spare set of batteries close enough. It lasts quite long (I would say 10-15 hours minimum), but you never want to be disturbed by such issues.
You have to be always carefull with the transmitter, it's all plastic and if you accidentally drop the detector, it could break easily. And the plastic battery cover on the transmitter could be quite easily lost, so it' better to fix it with some tape (or if you have any other idea). This headphones are not primarily intended to be used for this purpose.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the purchase ;)

For The GP3500 I use the legendary and brilliant little ripper battery and headphones wireless system :)

Better still buy an external speaker and a rooster booster and ditch the headphones.

I have mine up on my shoulder with the wire running down my shoulder strap into my backpack where my rooster booster and battery goes.

Without headphones I have no trouble hearing the widow maker trees crack above me when the wind picks up so I can get out of the road quickly.

Willo1, I have used the TDK WR400 head phones with my x-terra 705 and also used them on my GP extreme. They are a great set of head phones. The delay over the signal is fine, just a long as you don't swing to fast. The most interesting thing about these head phones is that you can lean right over your coil and they are not effected. The other thing i like about them is they are great out home listening to music or TV with out bothering others. Pilsner, is correct you will have to be careful not to drop on transmitter. The other good thing is they do amplify the signal. :)

What would be the best option instead of headphones for the gp 3000? I don't like wearing them and would a booster really increase my chances of hearing more gold?

Latest posts