Samsung S9 update problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1568283936_20190912_195224.jpg

Just ridiculous that you Have to do updates and then the phone is almost useless. We now have to wait for Samsung to do another update to rectify the problem.
Next time I'm getting something other than a Samsung.

Open google play, tap on three horizontal line icon at top left, go to settings, go to auto update app, select do not auto update app.....hope this helps.

I have a chinese phone, some one in Beijing is probably looking up my nostril as I type this but I am happy with the phone in general.

Yep. Trouble was it didn't give he an option. It just started the update.
Now this problem is on the internet, lors if people getting the same thing happening. Why then are Samsung still allowing this update ?

To make you buy anouther phone ? Maybe that's too cynical but then a certain fruit branded phone company did exactly that in recent times.

Her phone is 8 months old. It's just shoddy business, period. They should be held accountable. She is...we are losing $ because of their stuff up. Sorry hut it's annoying when you spend $1100 on a phone and get this happening. Plus you can't even change the battery when it carcks it.
Just grrrrrr atm.
I'm logging off now...sorry for my rant. Mods can delete if they wish, no hard feelings.

When my partners phone started to slow down and misbehave, I just saved her contacts and did a full factory reset. It seemed to unclog the phone of all the unnecessary garbage that made it near unusable.

Goldfreak said:
Open google play, tap on three horizontal line icon at top left, go to settings, go to auto update app, select do not auto update app.....hope this helps.

I'm afraid that wouldn't have helped Wishfull's wife, as phone manufacturer handset updates don't come via the Play Store like apps do.

Wishfull said:
Her phone is 8 months old. It's just shoddy business, period. They should be held accountable. She is...we are losing $ because of their stuff up. Sorry hut it's annoying when you spend $1100 on a phone and get this happening. Plus you can't even change the battery when it carcks it.
Just grrrrrr atm.
I'm logging off now...sorry for my rant. Mods can delete if they wish, no hard feelings.
You get 2yrs warrenty.
Take it back and they will fix any problems and if it can't be fixed they will give you a new one.

PabloP said:
ctxkid said:
i bought an iphone , no more worries

I have a S9 and did update yesterday and no problems so far. I am ant-fruit machines as Apple try and lock you into their range of products.

Rob P.
I was thinking about getting an iPad until Apple got taken to court over intentionally slowing down the older models through upgrades. They argue it was to preserve battery life.

Hi all. Just an update on the S9+. We rang Samsung Australia. went through all their suggestions and after 45 fruitless minutes they said they would ring back in 24 to 48 hours. that was Friday. as you can probably guess they didn't phone back. Phone still sick, so Sharyn has bought another cheap phone for her work. Samsung are apparently working on a fix for the problem. it seems it is affecting S9 and S9+ phones imported from USA and the last August updated is the problem.

Wishfull said:
Hi all. Just an update on the S9+. We rang Samsung Australia. went through all their suggestions and after 45 fruitless minutes they said they would ring back in 24 to 48 hours. that was Friday. as you can probably guess they didn't phone back. Phone still sick, so Sharyn has bought another cheap phone for her work. Samsung are apparently working on a fix for the problem. it seems it is affecting S9 and S9+ phones imported from USA and the last August updated is the problem.

I had the same problem with my last Sony phone,it updated and went to $#@%, I rang Sony about it and it took months and months for the neat updated to come out and it did fix it,since I got my new phone I am never going to update it again,like they say if it aint broke dont fix it

Latest posts