Minelab Equinox 800 vs 600

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've tried finding a comparison site , no luck.

Does anyone know what the differences are and which model you prefer if you have both machines. Thanks.

Upside said:

Does anyone know what the differences are and which model you prefer if you have both machines. Thanks.
Go the 800 mate if you can afford it ....it's worth the extra 2 or $300...plus you get the extra frequencys 20 khz and 40 khz which the 600 does not have.More advanced settings plus an awesome set of wireless headphones. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Upside said:

Go the 800 mate if you can afford it ....it's worth the extra 2 or $300...plus you get the extra frequencys 20 khz and 40 khz which the 600 does not have.More advanced settings plus an awesome set of wireless headphones. :Y:

The 600 has and uses the same frequencies if you run in multi mode, which most users do/ will most of the time.

Buy the 800 for reasons other than the mistaken belief that the 600 is "missing" frequencies

Nuggetbuster said:
Smoky bandit said:
Upside said:

The 600 has and uses the same frequencies if you run in multi mode, which most users do/ will most of the time.

Buy the 800 for reasons other than the mistaken belief that the 600 is "missing" frequencies
Well you learn something new every day.
1530412836_img_20180701_14859.jpg

Yes the 800 has extra good stuff for another $300.00 which seems fair,but if you don't know what you are doing swinging over barren ground with no mongrel in you then you may as well swing a wooden broom stick.

But saying that I would own an 800 although I own a 600,I was impatient and couldn't/wouldn't wait.

Hope this helps :Y:

The Equinox 800 is probably even better value now that it has been reduced down to $1150 at Miners Den. The Safari is piggy in the middle sitting at just over $1000 and the Equinox 600 at $899.

I like the user profile you can save and go back to by pressing one button on the 800. Dunno if you can run the 600 in single frequency 20 and 40 kHz or not but it is very good for detecting around powerlines with the 800.

The ctx3030 is a nice looking machine but how much of that price tag is the gps? I'm guessing a decent chunk of it. Still a neat machine though.

The 600 seems quite settled in wet sand compared to my 705. The price tags are quite similar with them.

Upside said:
The ctx3030 is a nice looking machine but how much of that price tag is the gps? I'm guessing a decent chunk of it. Still a neat machine though.

The 600 seems quite settled in wet sand compared to my 705. The price tags are quite similar with them.
They run so quiet on the beach.....well my 800 does..i sometimes have to check it's working....my 705 was nearly unbearable on wet salty beach :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Upside said:

They run so quiet on the beach.....well my 800 does..i sometimes have to check it's working....my 705 was nearly unbearable on wet salty beach :Y:

Yep mate it's the reason I've started this thread.

I love the 705 , but on the wet sand it's a pig. Useless. I kinda feel like buying it was a waste when the 600 is much better for a very similar price. We live and learn I suppose.

Smoky bandit said:
Upside said:

600 runs same on beach as 800 does (when in beach multi). I have had both

Nuggetbuster said:
Smoky bandit said:
Upside said:

600 runs same on beach as 800 does (when in beach multi). I have had both

So are you saying the 600 is as good as the 800 all round?

Latest posts