The Scrounger Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first finds post.

I found about $90.00 last week and 2 silver rings with one being quite old,after my scrounging I was too tired and couldn't be bothered taking photo's and posting sorry.

Today I went to a local beach after the big seas with some success and have made the effort to take some photo's no excuses.

1528449828_img_0921.jpg

Just under $33.00.

1528450111_img_0923.jpg

1528450175_img_0922.jpg

My best find today is the coin of all American coin,the Buffalo Nickel 5c coin which someone was wearing around their neck before they lost it.

Made from 1913 - 1938 of 75% nickel and 25% copper weighting 5g.

I don't know the year but will clean it and post in the coin of the month.

The tide is the lowest next week with me going back to the same beach expecting a great hunt,I will keep you posted.

I went back to the same beach and far exceeded my expectations :party:

My best previous hunt was nearly $40.00 in one day,but that was with two hunts.

I found the much smaller coin line down near the low tide mark but circled back up to the top near the dunes and bingo,I was falling over myself falling into my own holes.

The top coins had accumulated in a 10m x 2m patch,I was tired of digging goldies but I was not going to stop.

In the end I stopped digging the 5c,10c and 20c concentrating on the goldies and the odd 50c.

By the time I had finished the place looked like a family of ground hogs lived there.

I am going back again this arvo on the low tide to clean up the smaller coins hoping for some more goldies.

1528940480_img_0932.jpg

1528940513_img_0933.jpg

1528940549_img_0934.jpg

In my two hunts this week I had not found even one pre decimal.

My new best total is just over $65.00 :Y:

Went back to the same beach again yesterday to clean up the smaller coins hoping to snag a few more goldies which I did.

The wind had moved to the north east over the last couple of days blowing the sand back up the beach adding another 6".

I would hear a faint sound scraping a few inches of sand off then dig often down 2' to retrieve a 20c,once I started to dig I wasn't going to stop,everything registered at maximum depth 8.(

I was satisfied with my result in the light of the 2 previous hunts definitely going back again sooner than later hoping for some more big seas and wind.

1529019170_img_0940.jpg

Have a good weekend :Y:

I went to another beach last week for a recon and a quick swing on the way to pick my wife up from the local train station.

I found the most feral $1.00 coin that I have ever seen,it took me a couple of minutes to be sure it was a goldie and I also found a nice little piece of .375 gold :party: it was on No 9 loud and clear.

1529106049_img_0936.jpg

1529106494_img_0939.jpg

It is always hard to find some gold so it is very nice to find a little bit.

The little aluminium badge with the porter on it was found at the train station.

Gold :Y:

Note - I tried to reset the last photo twice but still it loaded sideways.

Latest posts