Squirrels Equinox Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking Good SS :Y: This is obviously a great machine on the coins and relics!
It must feel good to go back to the areas you have hit successfully with the 505 and still be pulling out the deep ones.
look forward to seeing plenty more come from this thread :D

Danny!! Really? I can't for the life of me remember the id's from one target to the next when on the hunt :eek: That is why i go on the sound of each target ;) However i have done a list of target id's from surface tests, which are similar to the vid in the Equinox thread. :Y: There are a few discrepencies though, i will post at a later date. :p 2 things to note that i have experienced so far in regards to id's, (1) the id's vary from detecting mode to mode, (2) differing depths give slightly varying numbers on the same type of targets e.g. post 45 thrippies. The id's only vary by a number or two, but the target sound remains constant. More on this later. :) :eek:

Edit to add-: Let the lazy sods do the hard yards to reap the rewards like i have to. :p :p :p
Danny13 said:
they look good SS - remember the target ID's on those items - to help other active members mate.

Danny

Super results in a very short time

There was a stack of 1966 brown buggers made as the copper was left over pre-decimals

Soon There will be no Silvers left in SA by the looks of it ....!

Well done

Thanks Lord, yes it is a good feeling. :) All targets bar 1 were smaller and deeper than i was getting with the 505 in that site. The exception is the penny, i think that was just a case of sloppy work and completely missing the target with the 505. But in saying that it is a huge area and there are large tracts or it yet undetected. :D
LORD said:
Looking Good SS :Y: This is obviously a great machine on the coins and relics!
It must feel good to go back to the areas you have hit successfully with the 505 and still be pulling out the deep ones.
look forward to seeing plenty more come from this thread :D

Yeah it is a button Neilm, Any ideas? pretty anyway, i love buttons. :D I haven't cleaned it yet. :Y:
Here's the reverse.
1519024193_dsc02648.jpg

NeilM said:
Hi SS

is the anchor a button or something else?

Nice work on those silvers SS. The Equinox may not have the discrimination and ID ability of the more expensive FBS detectors, but certainly looks to be just as effective if not better in the depth department, and with added ability on small targets over FBS (ie gold chains). :)

Thought i'd go to the old netball site that i had done over with the 505 last night after work. Although what i found has little monetary value, it was invaluable as an early test of the EQs capabilities compared to the 505. I hit the area that was impossible to detect with the 505 due to underground power and millions of bottle caps, twist tops and ring pulls. Although the Nox still registered the pulses from the power, it was clearly able to cope, and successfully separated the goodies from the junk. Highly interesting is the fact that pictured are the only junk targets i was tricked into retrieving. :D

1519163696_dsc02656.jpg

Nah not yet mate. I have been over at the cottage, cleaning and prepping so i can move in this week :eek: It's any wonder i find any time at all to detect at the moment :p A bloody good thing i think sleep & tv are both overrated :lol: :lol:
Wishfull said:
Have you been over to your other cottage block with it yet ?

Sounds like you're getting the hang of it.

I have been flat out the last 3 weeks getting the cottage liveable after 10 years of being empty, then moving (on my own) as well as work with an extra 5 clients on the books. So i have had no internet in that time and only got it back on this Wednesday, however, i did manage to get 4 hunts in over that time.

hunt 1, was an early hours of the morning hunt after the fireworks from the local show. i detected the perimeter of the oval where people sit to watch the fireworks. I specifically only targeted goldies, below is what i got along with a 1909 h/p that is mistakenly in the next photo.
1521204385_dsc02665.jpg

hunt 2, was at a clients old farm house site (new site), aside from what is in the photo i got old hair clips, sheep tags, a nice oyster edged decorative sugar spoon, some buttons and other relics. a good site with great potential.
1521205466_dsc02663.jpg

hunt 3, was back at the ever reliable old school site, rehashing ground that the exterra had been over. i'll let the photo do the talking.
1521205720_dsc02674.jpg

hunt 4, was back to the beach where i have previously extracted 200+ coins with the exterra, going back over the same high ground that has not seen wave action since the storm back in nov 2016.
1521205962_dsc02666.jpg

5 silvers (2 of em florries) and a ring... awsome alright ! :p
and the moolah ! :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Latest posts