Treasure Detecting Showntell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big trip this evening...all the way out to the front nature strip ;)

Found some nice ones. Found some crap too of course. Does anyone else find far more aluminum toothpaste tubes than they feel comfortable with? :|
1548756956_60215978-6cb3-4c28-9cb7-4ff81d3b0800.jpg

1952 penny and shilling and a 1950 penny.

:lol: Hey Northeast to answer your Question : Yer :
Whats the GO with these little Ally tubes :eek:
Most of the Old pic,s and Film from the Day :awful: None of those Bloke,s had Good Teeth due to :beer: :beer: and more :beer: :beer: and or :fistpump: :fistpump: :fistpump:
But these VERY RUDE WORDS little tube,s are every were :|

Think some of them are glue tubes. Have hit a few patches of them around where sheds and workshops used to be. Sure sound like a silver spill at first!

Too right about those old lead tubes sounding good, especially when rolled up. Still worth digging if wanting to chase all non-ferrous targets on the older sites (ie. sterilising the ground).

Last night I was allowed back in the house yard. Have tried slowing my swing and Recovery Speed down. RS on 4.
Wondering if I might get a few of those deeper coins still lurking in ground I have been over a bit.
Seems to work ok. Not great targets and not locking on a specific VID but hanging close enough to warrant inspection.
And prior to digging have upped RS to 8 just to test and the target is gone diddily!! Not that I ever run on 8 - just did for wonderings sake.
All were showing 4 arrows on the depth meter and were all subsequently deep targets.

1549276012_e98180e6-b615-428d-b120-dbb291879997.jpg

Back out to the front nature strip tonight. Same deal. Some coins. Some crap.

1549276113_b9964445-dc23-4eb2-bcfc-c818bbdc3b1a.jpg

roy cobb said:
Nice finds there NE hitting the coins I see . :p

Yes Roy, only got time in the evenings for a little poke around the house at the moment.

And without the Z it has not really been worth going up the bush (although I did take the Nox for a little walk one day ;) ).

Have ordered a QED so that will get some serious examination when it arrives.

If you get a lot of iron contamination in the ground, then you may not get more than a few inches down on the finds - most deeper targets may well be masked.
If that is indeed the case then you my have to "sterilise" ground by removing as many ferrous and non-ferrous targets to get at the deeper stuff. That has worked for me at many older sites where you essentially strip away layer upon layer to reveal finds missed by others.

Have you got the small coil for the Nox, it may help to liberate some more coins in difficult areas?

Yes, there is quite a bit of iron crap down there. Seems to be quite a layer of crap at the depth of the Pro-Find. It's funny that the grass seems to have just been grown over a layer of river rock and a little bit of soil that must have just slowly increased in depth over the past 70 years.

Another night on the nature strip.

I think I have worked out why I missed all these coins and things the first time over. My lack of thoroughnessability :)

Happy to be pulling the little sixpence and 1 cent out from some depth .

Any idea what the Acorn Stevens NY thing is? Seems to be off a sprayer/water tank/ implement of some sort.

1549362157_6b7450be-f9c2-4015-bc75-146ccb401dd5.jpg

1549362158_51bbe1ca-05b3-40f0-a35b-94448c4a393e.jpg

1549362159_a525377e-d258-4086-bab2-47fdc3af1548.jpg

Latest posts