Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jum said:
Yeah I reckon I've seen 1 percent of prospectors set up correctly addmittedly I'm not in that 1 percent but I try. I don't own a dredge but firmly believe dredges would environmentally help things as it's been found out that due to Australias extensive logging from our pioneers for farming the cattle 200 years of erosion has caused irreversible damage altering our rivers hurting wildlife dredging could help restore as it has been done elsewhere in the world. I would never ever considered obtaining a dredge. But F$$$ it. I feel like a dangerous animal here backed into a corner here with this ban and feel like getting one as every 2nd bloke n his dog seem to have one. NAPFA keep up the good work. I'll be watching I'd love to support you but as it stands I've met too many retired blokes out there whom I consider to be the respected elders of this game who influenced my view differently would love to join though but just can't. On the fence time will tell. This is why NAPFA struggle with numbers as I understand have shot themselves in the foot. Tell it like is jum. Tathradj no offence as I know your input n support for the game has been immeasurable n efforts don't even move the scales.
Two very different types of dredging!
One removes the sediments etc. completely or re-uses them to replace/replenish areas. Traditional gold (eductor) dredging returns the majority of sediments/tailings back to the watercourse with little or no thought on how or where it goes. To gold dredge now to satisfy the EPA etc. you would need to have a settling pond to treat tailings/water before releasing back into the waterway - not practical for the hobbyist!
Personally I don't think there is an issue with small hobby dredges but you yourself state that you see 1% of people set up correctly to highbank & you're not one of them :mad: so how can people be trusted to dredge in the correct manner to minimise water turbidity, not damage stream beds etc. :rolleyes:
These "retired blokes" who you consider to be "respected elders of the game" probably sat on their arses doing nothing when dredges were outlawed & now choose to do the same with highbankers - hardly anyone to be respected. They then sit back & throw rocks at others + associations like NAPFA (I will use capitals) that try to get results back going in our favour. They are the ones that have shot themselves in the foot (& everyone else too) not NAPFA. Too self absorbed & greedy to see the forest for the trees. Just continue doing the wrong thing & in 5 years or so the only fossickers/prospectors left will be the outlaw element that have fucked so much up for us already!!!! :lol: :N:
And they will continue to sit back & throw stones like they always have - blaming everyone else except themselves who are the real problem!

Jum,
the great thing about Australia is we are all entitled to have and express different views. I understand what you say and appreciate you sharing. Some wouldnt bother expressing their view.

I also understand what NAPFA is doing and even joined them for a show of support.

I am a Queenslander and we dont have a state body here at all so its every man for himself (or herself).

In QLD highbankers that are using powered pumps to supply water are illegal...whereas high bankers that hand feed material and water are legal). We are also limited to a very few areas we can legally fossick.

From the look of it, this forum has about 10,000 members and one of the mods has said they are not all active.

Not sure how many are in NAPFA but it must be a couple of thousand I guess. I am sure they will do a great job representing the high banking issues to the authorities. For the moment I am not taking any action other than openly supporting them as well as members completing a survey that is doing the rounds.

That said there is nothing to stop anyone contacting their local member or authorities to voice whatever they think on this or any other topic. I am pretty sure the same applies to this forum...all views are welcome as far as I can see.

This week in QLD we lost a place that allowed use of highbankers for 'landscaping'...they have now said 'no more'.

I have a banker sitting in my shed...not sure it will see much action now.

cheers mate and good lucking hunting the gold.

Thanks mike that's positive. I don't want to be an outlaw and have no qualms with goin back to panning in some situations I've actually had days where ive matched the banker as mine is a small unit anyway. One time There was 2 guys both with shovels with a walbanker not far from me this was before I got my HB. As I packed up walking past them I tipped out my bottle as they were panning off their day we compared our day although they had more then me although it was marginal. They were very impressed. But I am also a machine. Hidden variables I know like maybe I was in a better concentration of gold. Also they tore out a strip having to walk back n forth to banker losing time. As I stayed waist deep in my hole hardly moving panning like a man possessed. Don't write off panning it can be way more efficient then classifying down n feeding a river sluice. Look these new laws I guess will probably work in my favour as my time spent banking has already been reduced thus changing my approach allowing me more test pan time for that exceptional paydirt rather then just setting up anywhere like I'm use to for just avg pay.

just a quick question can you gravity feed water to a highbanker what I'm trying to get at is if you are to fill a kids swimming pool with buckets and then gravity feed the water back to the highbanker

An apology n retraction of statements goes out to tadradj and anyone else I offended recently with my angered filled rant. I obviously have just jumped on the band wagon in the last few seconds ill informed n realise I had nothing new to offer here n that we all feel the same n in the same boat. When you guys have probably been working tirelessly on this since the announcement I get it now. It's sad that it's all over. I accept the new laws n shall abide. I'm kind of really excited to get back into my panning. I'm on board. Just sometimes I get a little to big for my boots.
Old enough to know better
Jum

Moderator Tathradj edit.
Many Thanks Jum.
Apology gladly accepted.
I hope one day soon to meet you in person and Shake your Hand.
Yes, We all climb of our bikes at times. Then regret it.
Stay safe and well.
Doug aka, Spin, Tathradj, Mongrel, Prick, Idiot, You name it. ]:D ]:D

Jum!, I can't speak for the moderators here but I can speak about them ]:D "Tarthradj"...(its important to get the spelling right)... :p Is one of the truest of 'THE TRUE BLUE' and one of the most resourceful and intelligent men I have ever known. His word is his bond and he is most understanding when it comes to peoples 'rants' as you put it.Patience and tolerance is a part of his DNA! :lol: ....Until you cross that line in the river gravel! :eek: it's somewhere downstream from the bend...clearly etched in a sandbar there...I haven't been down that far to see it ]:D and I advise people who head in that direction to stay in midstream! :cool: My only dealings with the other 'MOD'S' has always been courteous and helpful and they all know and appreciate our passion for the yella-stuff.
Your apology, I'm sure will be favourably accepted, as we have all been guilty of having a rant of some-kind. ]:D ]:D Your opinion in the debate is important though and a little 'measured contemplation' is always helpful if you've got something to say, I find. :p Anyway mate that's my take on things this Father's day.. if you are a dad as well..then have a good one. If your not!...get cracking on it mate!...hehe. Cheers Rossco-reefer.

Am a proud dad of 2 boys 3 and 18 months old so I'm in the zone right now struggling to get out as much as I'd like. Happy Father's Day to all dads. Still not sure how I spelt Tarthradj wrong must have been too wound up.
Me grasshopper jum will sit in silence cross legged n listen well from now on.

Oh ...I am as guilty as sin!..of course,8 :8 it's spelt Tathradj...I knew that! :8 ]:D...HEHE! As for your subsequent line....."Any great post you've made"...well I'm not at all sure what you mean by that?.I have over 400 posts and counting.. :p I have spoken on many topics, not all of which, am I even remotely qualified to offer an effective argument :D and I am a strong advocate for 'action speaking louder than words'...Which may in some circles put me in the 'loose cannon' syndrome. ]:D The idea of 'Our Rights and Liberties' Strikes a chord with any rebel, and a rebel I have always been :eek: So where I see injustice in any form ...I'm gonna have a 'rant'..I can't quite direct you to when and where they are but they're out there. ]:D I also know Doug by his long time nick-name as 'SPIN'..I'll stick to that in future! :D ]:D ]:D ]:D Cheers...Rossco.

Oh!!!... I knew that! :8 :8 I...I was just being...aah... conservative and humble :D :D ..you're right..I should have just shut my mouth and got my facts right before I started pontificating on other people's posts:8 try saying that with a mouthful of rice bubbles! ]:D :p Is there a prize for 500 posts? :p ..a washing machine ..?..maybe a years supply of Colgate toothpaste..?...exits left of stage. audience throwing tomatoes ... ]:D

Hi all i feel in the weeks ahead were going to need all the help we can get so again i call upon my fellow prospectors for support, in regards to this matter.

RE-post.

Guy's if you do not belong to NAPFA pleas join weather you use a banker or not rally with us please we do need your help. When NAPFA started the stick they wielded was only small but with each new member that stick gets a little longer and thicker. Then WE CAN STAND AS ONE.

Thank you Jemba.

Just my advice to anyone planning on banking , id suggest you just do what you normally do and plead ignorance if caught , but i think the minute you try and re invent the pump to the banker principal it will demonstrate you were aware of the rule and would almost certainly delete any claim of ignorance .

In the meantime ill just be waiting and looking forward to any future updates on this ridiculous policy .

reefer said:
Oh ...I am as guilty as sin!..of course,8 :8 it's spelt Tathradj...I knew that! :8 ]:D...HEHE! As for your subsequent line....."Any great post you've made"...well I'm not at all sure what you mean by that?.I have over 400 posts and counting.. :p I have spoken on many topics, not all of which, am I even remotely qualified to offer an effective argument :D and I am a strong advocate for 'action speaking louder than words'...Which may in some circles put me in the 'loose cannon' syndrome. ]:D The idea of 'Our Rights and Liberties' Strikes a chord with any rebel, and a rebel I have always been :eek: So where I see injustice in any form ...I'm gonna have a 'rant'..I can't quite direct you to when and where they are but they're out there. ]:D I also know Doug by his long time nick-name as 'SPIN'..I'll stick to that in future! :D ]:D ]:D ]:D Cheers...Rossco.

Ha Ha Rossco..I corrected you..only to be caught out by you. What I meant to say was..."Anyway...great post by you !"...that is...your post in this thread was great.

I do suffer occasionally from keyboard dyslexia. :) :)

All good mate..I suffer from it too! ]:D ...and about three other toxic dysfunctions of the computer type :p Doug...aka... 'Tathradj'..is very often involved ..not in the forum business so much ..but in cleaning up my lousy submissions :p ]:D ]:D ..He's very nice about it ;) ..but Ibet he is shaking his head and rolling his eyes a lot ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D Cheers mate.Y.U.T.S.C.....Rossco :cool:

Hey guys,

can anyone please tell me what success NAPFa has had in past submissions.
Has any policy from any department been reversed or modified since NAPFA creation.

I research everything, so it stands that i would look for results but i don't know where to find them on the Napfa website

i see the submissions ... but the responses from the departments .. how do i find them? and are they all negative?

If me Joining will make a real difference then yes ... of course,

Also if i join today does my membership then expire on 31st december ? meaning i have to renew..

hopefully, someone can give me useful guidence,

Cheers
:/

Latest posts