Where to go in australia in march? (for gold detecting)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last case scenario before you leave for home, if unable to detect your own, you could 'buy' some Ozzie Gold for your girl...and the seller should be able to tell you whether it was from WA, QLD, Vic wherever...

0.02c

GGA

Good on you mate Go to the west try to get a tour or phone the guy rc62burke put you onto, would be my first option can see where your coming from with you digging it up for your girl and I hope you get two ozs so you can make her a bigger ring .Good luck with it and as been said let us know how you go also dont forget you will need a miner permit .PP

Tribun said:
you know, It is more about digging it out with my own hands... so that I know how much effort it is to give her that ring ;) ... it's nothing you "just buy" ;)

:D ..'tis why we all do it ourselves...i hear ya. :D

I was just offering a last minute solution for you if you come up short on weight before heading home.

Please don't think i was trying to discourage you...in fact the reverse, i hope you find a honey hole.. :Y:

GGA

madtuna said:
Hi Marius,

Average temp in march at Bandya WA is 30.5 which isn't too bad. Even on days up to 37 you can still squeeze in a good few hours. I normally get out by 5.30am and pull the pin at 1 or 2 pm.

If you have experience and are prepared to put in the leg work an oz a week is about average.

Seriously, I'd love to help you but I can't guarantee weather or things popping up here on the station wouldn't interfere with your plans.

Tour groups usually don't start hitting the area until about April, and realistically no tour group or person can guarantee you'll find gold. They can guarantee they'll put you in the best position to, but that's about it.

Try sending a message to Kris Dobbie from Coolgardie. Lovely lady, very experienced and capable operator and tour guide

Cheers.

Hello again, sadly she is booked out. But she will ask around if someone is willing to take me as a companion.
Meanwhile I wrote some messages to the flat creek station Facebook page but didn't get any answer now. I will call her today... the last few hours were a bit busy... spendet 46 hours on planes and airports. But kio ora, New Zealand here we come ;)

Latest posts