Minelab Gold Monster 1000 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got an email from Miners Den Regarding a new detector from Minelab, it's the Gold Monster 1000.

This is the blurb in the email:

"Minelab are pleased to announce the GOLD MONSTER 1000 metal detector will be available soon.

The GOLD MONSTER 1000 turns beginners into experts with fully automatic operation in an easy-to-use, high performance detector.

The GOLD MONSTER 1000 comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you are looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!

Features: Fully automatic operation, Extra sensitive VLF performance, Highly adaptable, 2 search coils included and an Easy quick start".

Looks like an interesting machine.

Bit of a small introduction video on YouTube this morning. Shows a few little bits and pieces.

Link Here: https://youtu.be/NRw7IUIJdlY

Interesting that they added the text right at the end that says: 12 Nuggets in 45 Minutes - Jonathan Porter.

Be good to see it in action.

Probably won't be too long before JP releases a bit of footage from the field.

Will this be the VLF that finally handles hot ground without too much fuss? I guess we'll soon find out.

Cheers,
Shauno.

Ahh, cheers for posting that Shauno, I'll watch it right now.

Hmmmm VLF, the new black maybe? Seems they are coming back into fashion. :)

Go to the Minelab.com website. Choose a gold detector to look at (eg. SDC 2300), then select "Compare" and then choose the Gold Monster 1000. This will bring up the specs of the Gold Monster 1000.

45 kHz VLF

Syndyne said:
Looks like an interesting machine.

Bit of a small introduction video on YouTube this morning. Shows a few little bits and pieces.

Link Here: https://youtu.be/NRw7IUIJdlY

Interesting that they added the text right at the end that says: 12 Nuggets in 45 Minutes - Jonathan Porter.

Be good to see it in action.

Probably won't be too long before JP releases a bit of footage from the field.

Will this be the VLF that finally handles hot ground without too much fuss? I guess we'll soon find out.

Cheers,
Shauno.

Exactly is this the back to the future detector? Have ML cracked the VLF mineralisation barrier? What`s our treasurers going to say? Mines got the rolling pin out, tired of talking sense going to beat it in, it appears........

1486691645_img_20170210_085255.jpg

1486691666_img_20170210_085309.jpg

1486691684_img_20170210_085325.jpg

Can't wait to see this in the field and give it a run.

I notice in the Video the african market is shown a fair bit with a little add on by JP at the end to keep us Aussies happy.
It seems the guys there would prefer 10 guys on $1,000 machines than 1 guy on a $10,000 machine. Depth isn't an issue as bulldozers reduce that effectively.

Competition is hotting up in the sub $2kAUD gold machine bracket, although we are not the intended market we should see some nice stuff available here as a result.

Cool time to be a detectorist, well not so cool in most places today.....

Clegy

I'm guessing that this is probably Minelab's response to the fairly recent VLF gold machines from Nokta, Makro and probably Fisher...More for the African market, as written above...

But might be popular here as well, going by the popularity of the Makro Gold Racer.

HoudiniHarry said:
Depends on price why would you buy an SDC..

The only thing I can think of how well it deals with highly mineralised soils, due to it being a VLF

Looks like it's going to be the minelab version of the whites gmt, gold bug and other small gold vlf's.
I'm interested to see how it performs

Never used a VLF machine myself, but where do you guys expect this thing to land in the lineup of
minelab dectors? Price?

Minelab got the weight right at only 1.3kg, then again it is likely to be up against the gold only version of the XP Deus, which has already been released in Africa.

Shame about some the overseas comments on it looking like a "toy" or Go-Find, I reckon it looks on the money. :)

Goldpick said:
Minelab got the weight right at only 1.3kg, then again it is likely to be up against the gold only version of the XP Deus, which has already been released in Africa.

Shame about some the overseas comments on it looking like a "toy" or Go-Find, I reckon it looks on the money. :)

I like the look of it too GP, I really hope it performs well, if they have got it to handle nasty soil then it should do the job quite well on the shallow rocky areas on small nugs. Great that it has discrimination and a dedicated all metal mode, hmmm wondering about the "gold probabilty meter" too now. :)

Latest posts