Dream mat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2017 is here and I feel like I need to keep up with the times. New mats are coming and going. Gold hog, Keene miracle mat, but something that is tickling my fancy is the dream mat. A few members have it, so I'm wondering how it goes? I am a expanded over miners moss guy and believe it catches it all but the cons are a killer. I do like the goldwell sluice but price tag is way too much. Dream mat seems to be the same principle for highbanking where as goldwell is for concentrating. Any thoughts will be appreciated before making a purchase .

Danielkrupski said:
2017 is here and I feel like I need to keep up with the times. New mats are coming and going. Gold hog, Keene miracle mat, but something that is tickling my fancy is the dream mat. A few members have it, so I'm wondering how it goes? I am a expanded over miners moss guy and believe it catches it all but the cons are a killer. I do like the goldwell sluice but price tag is way too much. Dream mat seems to be the same principle for highbanking where as goldwell is for concentrating. Any thoughts will be appreciated before making a purchase .
I too have used different matting.
But nothing has come close to the dream mat.
Easy to clean out. And cons fit in 1 pan.
It truly is one of the few things that have improved in prospecting in resent times.

Xiv , your opinion is strong but is this in highbanking mode or sluicing or concentatrating? I'm looking for a highbanking mat. Something I can run and worry about clean ups when it's in the bucket

Hey Daniel, I can highly recommend the Dream Mat. I have put up a review of the 12'' Gold Rat Outback Pioneer Series Banker you might find interesting. But in short on the Dream Mat; I can say it has impressed me, catching very fine gold and it's exchange rate is amazing. It can handle a fairly good range of water speed too providing there is enough to keep it active. There's minimum cons and the mat is light compared to other matting and riffle setups. Oh and clean up is very easy and fast.

I recommend doing some research and watch the mat running on YouTube, so you have confidence in your own final decision.
Cheers,
Rusty

Danielkrupski said:
Xiv , your opinion is strong but is this in highbanking mode or sluicing or concentatrating? I'm looking for a highbanking mat. Something I can run and worry about clean ups when it's in the bucket
It is purely highbanking.
I run the 300m wide mat with the honda pump.
It works a treat.

Dont worry about keeping up with the jones's mate.
The dream mat has its advantages and it has its disadvantages just like all the different mats out there. It really depends on your material you are processing. Cons and cleanups are a much of a muchness. There are so many variables when it comes to catch rates and loses of gold its just a volume thing....which you can only realy compare if your moving tonnes of material.

I have a few questions on dream mat

How deep are the trap holes ?

How long can it run in gravel with lots of heavies ? Be it black sand or the red and grey pebbles

How classified does the mataterial need to be ? Would 10mm gaps in the grizzlys be fine enough

All input welcome looking at moving from miners moss to reduce cons , actually considering carving my own ideas of profiles into rubber maybe .

aussiefarmer said:
I have a few questions on dream mat

How deep are the trap holes ?

How long can it run in gravel with lots of heavies ? Be it black sand or the red and grey pebbles

How classified does the mataterial need to be ? Would 10mm gaps in the grizzlys be fine enough

All input welcome looking at moving from miners moss to reduce cons , actually considering carving my own ideas of profiles into rubber maybe .
im not in the same location as my sluice right now but from memory its about 10mm from the top of the ridge to the bottom of the trap. 10mm grizzlies would work fine. ive run for about 1h in creswick black sand hell and didnt find any gold in my tailings.

i was shocked how much the cons were reduced from expanded/moss/v rib compared to dream mat. from 2 inches in the bottom of my bucket down to a cupful.

i hate recommending expensive proprietary products but it really is a good mat.

I use a Dream Mat in my river sluice and highbanker. Minimal cons and it traps the smallest specks. I haven't tried other mats so my opinion is not much use but I wouldn't bother trying anything else now. I love it.

My prospecting buddy went to ribbed matt almost full lenght with 5 inches of moss at the top under small expanded mesh and on the ribbed matt he is still running riffles over the top, i thought the riffles would chew the heavies out of his ribbed matt but he seems to be onto something as it is perforning well and is down a cup full of cons and cleans out about every 1.5 hours .

I hate to change as i have tuned my set up to the point i cant find any loses and 90% of the gold is traped in the first 8 inches of the sluice but i am over bringing cons home to clean as i want a quicker read on the layers i am digging during the day.

Also like the look of this it has a higher rib every 5th or so rib , at about $100 to do my banker its feasable
1489901803_s-l400.jpg

what region are you in AF? if youre in vic im happy to catch up for a dig so you can see the vortex mat in action. the last straw for me was trying to classify a 10L bucket full of cons through a 30 mesh sieve.

cecc said:
aussiefarmer said:
cecc said:
Where did u find that Aussifarmer?? Looks nice.
Ebay mate theres a blue one that is 10 inch wide same as my sloop , think i will give it a go

What's it called mate?
Searched " gold sluice mat"
Found it as gemstone high low riffle mat
Seller willybbaer

I am leaning towards dream mat after watching videos on utube , but still might buy the riffle mat cant help myself i think it would be awesome for saphires

yobskin said:
Dont worry about keeping up with the jones's mate.
The dream mat has its advantages and it has its disadvantages just like all the different mats out there. It really depends on your material you are processing. Cons and cleanups are a much of a muchness. There are so many variables when it comes to catch rates and loses of gold its just a volume thing....which you can only realy compare if your moving tonnes of material.

Interesting statement yobs. Its really doesn't actually matter what material you are running the concentrates are massively reduced and id challenge you to show me a system with better recovery. We test all the time we have mines running our dream cells all around the country and in many others its capabilities are a proven significant advantage over everything else on the market.

Im not some newby playing with sluices i own just about every sluice on the market ive used and do use regularly variations of other technologies to test against and we are yet to find anything that comes close. I just wish i had the time to record audio chop and edit all of the houndreds of hours of testing weve done in the last 10 months.

Aussiefarmer it really sounds like you love your riffles mate i dont really understand why you would change if you believe you have no losses. The gem mat ive got it ive tested it bloody cool pattern holds a tonne of irsontone and packs up real fast but as a skimmer mat of sands has some good potential. Theres a plethora of rubber mats on the market on ebay i could show you heaps. They all are good fun and will catch gold.

The one thing that people seem to struggle with is honing one system well and instead seem to opt for lots of different systems with none really dialed in. I reckon stick with riffles mate :) its what ur confident with

Latest posts