Today had a nice Fossick.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a fossick around some local creeks today in search for some of that e
1481974202_009.jpg

1481974203_018.jpg

1481974203_011.jpg

1481974204_016.jpg

1481974205_017.jpg
lusive yellow stuff, found some but had to work for every bit but overall any day out fossicking is a very good day.

Wow,nice chunky gold,beautiful location and a nice spiny crayfish.Welcome to the forum Dolphin,what state are you in?

Hi Eldorado, Thanks for the welcome i'm just down the far south coast of nsw' cheers.

We are going to have to organize a Members Meetup down here soon Dolphin. :) :)
Show case what we have to every one.
If all goes well with the council it might be an opportunity for a press photo shoot.
I dared the council for a pan in a creek.
The Mayor has taken up the challenge. LOL
She said that she would love to have a go at it.

Thx everyone, i guess any day out around our hunting areas is better than being at work that's for sure.
Thx very much for your kind offer 7.62 Marksman, i appreciate that because i haven't been there yet and had work today but it's definately on the cards for the future as i understand once you learn the grounds it has been rewarding for those in the know, i'm down at Eden couple of hours away from you.
And Doug i certainly agree with you sounds like a plan, hope you can put the Mayor in the right creek because i have found so many without much in them but a few specks of flour gold lol. but i must admit getting the right days off shift work to test pan areas is the hardest bit, but i don't give in to easy so give me 12 months or so and i should have a better understanding of it all.

well done great piks. I went out to ophir [orange ] 5 day 4 speks lol but the wild life and area's gold mines were great
what part of south coast did you go ?

Not much slips past you Doug lol, had a feeling i was picking through some of your old tailings from long ago.

Nice find Dolphin. Did you pan that little nugget or find it with a detector? I'm just a newbie getting into the scene and was wondering what could be expected from just panning.

I was down that way with the family last week and we tried looking for somewhere to pan in Mogo but just seems like it was all private land or areas that needed going through some deep scrub. Was a little concerned going through the deep scrub with little one as it was a hot day and I was told they'd be plenty of black snakes out and about.

Hi Boulders, Got it crevassing then panning don't have a detector yet but enjoy test panning different spots until I find something worthwhile, I am new to the hobby so reading the information and stories on this Forum is a huge help. I haven't tried Mogo yet but apparently Mogo creek on the left side of town has been worked pretty hard but some people still get colour there. Also the first road to the right just past the school heading north is supposed to be worth a drive, there's been reports of good detecting in the forest around there with some nuggets found in recent times. Good luck see you in the field, Dolphin.

Latest posts