looking for gold fossicking sites nsw gulgong area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all just new at this and prospecting went out to ophir nsw for some gold panned detected n sluiced for 5 days but only got 4 flakes of gold the place and mines old workings and wild life was amazing with our guarding owl in the tree above day and night wallabies everywhere platapus in the creek in front and a 6 ft plus big male roo come down for a feed every arvo and morn but no gold. my next explore is to gulgong just after christmas but need some inside info before i head out there please info like places creeks is there alluvial and or nugget findings out there. i know to go ask the locals and such but if anyone can help with this area and point me in to a smaller area to look wold be great help once i can work out how to add piks of trip i will
cheers sully

Hey sully67, I've just joined this forum hoping to find areas to go and get some gold! I know no-one is going to give up any secret spots. But just that little bit of insider information when your planning a trip can help BIG TIME! I'm going for a days training in a couple of weeks out at Mudgee. One of the other guys on here said they usually take the trainees up to Hill End. I've just got a gpx 4500, and I need to go and learn how to use it! Anyway my son and I are going to stay for another couple of days after that, try and use our newly learned metal detecting skills and find some gold..... We'll probably spend most of our time around Hill End and have a look around Windeyer and Gulgong on the way home! So if I get any inside info on special spots, I may or may not tell, but I'll let you no how we went.

Hi everyone, first post, so forgive if im off track. I live in mudgee, and if anyone is ever interested in coming out this way, let me know. I have built 3 highbankers that work excellent in my opinion... ha
and if you are considering buying or fabricating your own, there are many things you dont realize untill after using it for a while. And im happy to help anyone that needs it. My highbanker is very easy to set up, and near idiot proof compared to others I've seen work.
I have two near identical bankers if anyone wants to try out one with me when possible.
I have no secret spots.... just favorite ones, and always looking for new ones in this area.
Dave bradford

Hi there I have just moved to Mudgee and I'm looking for some spots to pan and run my river sluce but don't have a clue where to go any help would be great thanks

Gday Ab... go where others do too
1559074809_images-20.jpg

just push on in and find a spot... no one will mind
1559074900_images-5.jpg

Make sure you get good paydirt in your pan
1559074996_2019-05-29-06-14-45--1427899566.jpg

you'll be looking for stuff like this... don't show the other blokes it'll just peeve em off
1559075089_2019-05-29-06-15-04-943125955.jpg

when ya've got about this much after a few pans.... that'll do for the mornin... ya don't want'a clean a place out too quick... it's good to keep going to the same spot time n time agin.
1559075220_images-7.jpg

if you end up finding stuff like this
1559075383_images-35.jpg

then you've dug too far into the bank n you'll likely get shot :p

Latest posts