Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had another crack at the old train station. Still can't seem to sniff out any silvers at this spot.
Plenty of coppers though,here are today's finds minus the 3 x 2c and 1 x 1c.

Pennies
1485664857_29th_pennies.jpg

Half pennies
1485664883_29th_jan_half_p.jpg

Britt penny from a hunt at my local spot yesterday. Ground is super dry and hard at the moment. Had to leave a few
deeper targets until after the next rain comes.
1485665013_29th_1910_brit.jpg

Some nice finds there Ktmman,is it just me or are the kangaroos on the pennies different?Especially around the ears.

What a nice find mate....been out looking tonight myself at one of the oldest settlements in Frankston...no luck but managed to find a couple of 20c coins one of them 1966 but no wavy on the back....also 2c and (Batman 1991 Medal/Medallion)

Thanks guys, I'm sure that Gothic florin/Sovereign is out there...somewhere.
Has anyone on this forum ever found a sov/half sov?

Eldorado said:
Some nice finds there Ktmman,is it just me or are the kangaroos on the pennies different?Especially around the ears.

Soft strike was mentioned, yet due to the angle of the ears and the style....I'd be inclined to posit that they were both struck at different Mints.

In M'cDonalds Aust. Coins & B/notes (2011) there is a photo of a 1954 which has ears similar to the pic on the left. Perhaps Melb. (or Perth), was slow on the uptake to move over to a new design?

0.02c.

Gypsy

Golddiggergirls said:
Awesome finds ktmman. Well done..!! The ground looks interesting too by the way.

Cheers,
GDG Bec. :)

Thanks, they were all found around and old Camphor Laurel tree that goes under water when it floods,so the ground is pretty silty.

Latest posts