Makro Gold Racer Victorian Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All. Anyone know how the racer handles high mineralization? Is it better than others before it? Thinking of selling my PI. Still a bit wary though. Vlf is still vlf. Just wondering if this one is handling high min. And if it is does anyone know why? Regards to all... Ronnie.

depends on what your PI is.Mine works in our grounds up here but havnt compared it with the tdi for depth as yet.

1459425482_dsc00748.jpg

Just found these tiny nuggets at the Ararat gold field. Cannot believe how small this detector will find gold. The small nugget is really a tiny heart shaped flake. Gold racer in all metal sensitivity 90, isat on 3 tracking off. Hot rocks are up to 10 and over 90. however lead pellets can come in at 90 as well sometimes?

Steve B :)

SammyJ said:
Cheers grubstake.

There must be other users/posts, Sammy, but that was all I could quickly find.

If I were you, I'd have a talk to Nenad Lonic (Phasetech on the forum), he'll know who he's sold them to, how they're going, etc, plus he's a top bloke who really knows his stuff. :) I guess you've probably seen his thread Gold Racer in the Field?:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16502

Thanks grubstake. Good advice. I have read and watched everything available and I keep coming back the Gold Racer and a couple others. I'm thinking it might be the go for a newbie like me. Limited income and I need a light machine to start out with.
Love the forum and its Wealth of knowledge.
Cheers,
Sam

Has anyone used the Makro Gold Racer in the VIC Goldfields? Just wondering how it handles the mineralisation there compared to other areas?

Thanks

I have not but was speaking to a fellow yesterday from Charlton that has a makro racer gold and he was telling me that it was one of the better vlf detectors he had used on the mineralized ground regards john :)

To be fair I had not done a lot of work with any detector when I bought the Makro. I found it difficult to use on the mineralised ground but that could well have reflected my lack of experience. On the higher mineralised ground I found it worked best in Discrim 1 mode.

old hand said:
I have not but was speaking to a fellow yesterday from Charlton that has a makro racer gold and he was telling me that it was one of the better vlf detectors he had used on the mineralized ground regards john :)

Charlton isn't to far from Wedderburn, supposed you couldn't get more mineralised area than that

Mick

BillS said:
To be fair I had not done a lot of work with any detector when I bought the Makro. I found it difficult to use on the mineralised ground but that could well have reflected my lack of experience. On the higher mineralised ground I found it worked best in Discrim 1 mode.

That's it, if the ground gets too much go to Disc 1 mode, and dial in as little ID Filter as required, and up your Sensitivity as high as possible before you make things hyper sensitive. Even though it is a Disc mode, being 56 kHz together with the VCO audio, you still have a heap of sensitivity on tap.

I've been reading some good things on the Gold Racer while researching the past few months, some nice video's starting to appear too, definitely on my Chrissy wish list :)

Check out the youtube clip by Koss1000 'Internet Gold Miner Episode #5'. About the gold racer on mineralised ground in US. Review and troubleshooting.

(Sorry I could not post the youtube link because I have not made 10 posts yet). Maybe someone else could?

Latest posts