Brace yourselves......winter is coming.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're camping in a vehicle and have a backup battery , there are 12 volt warmer blankets to add to the warmth.

And if you really have to going walking in those minus zero temps , freezer jackets and pants are rated to -20 and they REALLY do work in a nice warm toasty way.

I paid $65 for mine from fleabay

I was base Electrical/Electronics Engineer and ran the Upper Atmospheric and Magnetic Research station there. Brewer was another of my roles. Mid-Winter is when they celebrate down there, and it's when re-unions for past expeditioners are held around Australia (and overseas). So I'm on my count-down to mid-Winter to catch up with old friends.

Not any more Chewy, I've turned into an old softie - totally over frozen hands and feet - was just reminiscing. It's over to today's youth to get frozen in their new technology winter gear. Advise getting a good pair of Mukluks tho in the snow - very toastie and agile.

They are standard issue as Australian Antarctic wear, only now made from synthetics, so much cheaper. You can see the white muklucks in the above group pic.

Ok so I googled mukluks and this is what it came up with.....
1463460359_o_236869560_90x90-320x320.jpeg
:eek: What did you guys get up to down there? 8) :p

Latest posts