My CTX 3030 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd start adding my own CTX finds to a thread as I go out hunding, only have had about 40 minutes of time so far with the CTX... still learning this detector.

Poored down on me after being out there for 40 minutes.

1445237687_imag0238.jpg

The coin that's hard to read (far right) was found about 11" down under tree roots, was quite surprised by that depth. When the coin is wet I can just make 3 date numbers, 18*6. So it's quite old, shame it's not in better condition.

The park I went to is quite old, found heaps of old nails and bits of iron. There was heaps of trash also seeing people have been having BBQ's there.

An old Penny by the looks of it Martin,.. at least you are on the coins with it already, so you are doing well with only 40 minutes on this machine,... how much detecting have you done in the past ? :D

silver said:
how much detecting have you done in the past ? :D

Not much, my first detector. Used a couple detectors here and there, mainly just the person doing the hard yards... doing the digging for a detector user :)

I have a number of places lined up over the next few weeks that should be good.

Your doing well then Martin, and well on the way to many more finds,.... those beach pegs turn up in sets of threes sometimes(ha),... and you are getting closer to cracking the dollar mark(that'll happen soon), once past that it's all plain sailing from then on in. :D

Looks like the area I'm going over has been done recently by someone doing metal detecting, most the stuff I'm finding is deep and there's signs of digging in certain spots.

They may have taken the cream off the top then Martin,... you'll need to use your noggin to outsmart the smarts and out think yourself onto some overlooked gret finds. :D

Looks like they have been discriminating out the lower denominations Martin, though they don't always pick up on all the good stuff. Keep at it, as soon as you pick up on your first pre-decimal you'll get your ear in for those deeper targets, and don't forget to detect around tree bases, especially those older ones. :)

They a a good alert to activity if there are no other signs. ;)

If your near rivers, try to find old crossings at shallowest points along bedrock where horse n cart could get over. I've found some great patches along river banks where it seems either meetings, memorials or events took place many years ago. Sometimes there's no sign or clue to let you know that something could be there

Definately on an upward curve Martin,.. doing well, and getting your ear in too. :D

Which discrimination pattern are you using Martin? You should be able to discrim most bottle tops out completely, the aluminium ones you can't though or you'll be totally missing goldies.

Latest posts