Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who Am I?
First clues:

I was born in A little town in country Victoria in 1887, I lived in Ballarat and Bendigo and studied a three year drawing course under Fredrick McCubbin...

HEHE....The Heidelberg School of Artists...particularly Roberts and Mc Cubbin have been my favourite Painters since Ilearned of them so many years ago...both of them hang in my abode...well prints of. ]:D and Ithink Beckett was one of the much lampooned adherents of the 'tonal' style of misty works for a lot of the time...great painter though..I like some of her work.Ithink she died while painting a scene somewhere...sad life really.
THE HOUR IS LATE!...I shall comeback with an offering on the morrow. ]:D

Yes reefer, the HBS of Arts did churn out brilliant artists
Clarice Beckett is my favourite painter, I have plagiarised a couple of her works and they hang in my home. I copied them because I love her minimalist/ misty style and wanted to learn the same. I have a book of her works and brief story of her life. Cheers
I love this quiz but it's hard trying to find a question that is not easy to find the answer to on Dr Goggle. :) :Y:

Thanks Flowerpot , Clarice Marjoribanks Beckett, I fully understand why you would want to study and emulate her style. It is beautiful, somewhat ghostly, eerie and full of wonderment. I love her "Evening, St. Kilda Road, just brilliant, thanks again.
Mackka :)

ok people...Sorry for the delay...plum forgot I had to post a question...I know you will overlook my indiscretion :p
What was the significance of Lethbridge's Pocket. :p

Is The significance, that the petition to stay the execution of the Kenifs eventually led to the abolition of the death penalty in Qld although it didn' save them?

Is the significance of Lethbridges Pocket was that it was the scene of the cremation of Doyle and Dahlke, who's remains were found in saddle bags.
Mike Munro and team did a recent segment on Lawless about the Keniffs.

Bingo mate!.....over to you. :cool: oh!...Ithink Ireferred to you as Makka!.....sorry to you both..Ijust had a little brain thingo I think!... ]:D

No players?

Clue 1 what am I, I owe my existence to the discovery of gold

Clue 2; I came into existence in 1853

Clue 3; I quadrupled in size within 4 months

Latest posts