Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
First Landing, Foundation and Anniversary Day are the three. :) :)

Next question; What and where am I.
Clue, I am a fish out of water

Don't you hate it when someone goes out and they won't hand over the bat! :rolleyes:

Hey Manpa, the idea is that whoever gets the answer, gets to put the next question up. So that would be Flowerpot I would think. :)

Cheers

Doug

That have been Francis Birtles in 1905

In 1905 Francis Birtles cycled from Fremantle to Melbourne, the first west to east bicycle crossing of the country. In 1908, he cycled to Sydney and then back to Sydney via Brisbane, Normanton, Darwin, Alice Springs and Adelaide. In 1909 he published the story of his feat, "Lonely Lands", which he illustrated with his own photographs. That year he also set a new cycling record for the Fremantle to Sydney continental crossing. In 1910-11 he rode around Australia. In 1911 he made a film of his ride from Sydney to Darwin called "Across Australia". Birtles continued on to Broome and Perth, then broke his previous records by riding from Fremantle to Sydney in 31 days. By 1912 he had cycled around Australia twice and had crossed the continent seven times.

http://www.followmyride.com.au/view/history/cycle-history-western-australia

I was born in the early to mid 1800s and migrated to this country along with many of my fellow countryman for the gold rush.

I , alone became the only member of my race to achieve this infamous status which resulted in my death by execution in the mid 1860s

Who am I ?

Well Done Doug
I thought that i made that too easy
He wasn't a good bushranger , with his only notable fact was that he was the only Chinese bushranger. There is very little , if anything known about him before he became a bushranger.

Over to you

Bob

Latest posts