Warranted Superior Saw Button

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is an interesting item I found with the Nokta Fors Gold. It's a button/medallion that was put on the handle of early handsaws, dates around the 1860's.
1447286432_button1.jpg

Some more info.
1447286465_warranteedsuperior.jpg

and similar again
1447286494_saw2.jpg

C

If the blade was there I would have found it I think, always re-check the hole. Might go back with the GPX and have a swing over where I found it. Nearby I found an old locket, the back, picture and chain weren't there, just the spiral frame with a little block hinge still attached with some of the inner piece that would've held the photo or lock of hair etc. Thought I might swing over that with the PI detector and see if the other parts where just lying deeper, so might kill 2 birds with one stone while I'm at it.
Christos that's really cool having one of those saws coming down through your family :cool:
C

Thought u mightve just been running with discriminator and wasn't sure if you were hitting iron too. If the handles gone the blade is probably deteriorated to a red brown decomposed layer :(

Its always fun to find someone's once used tool or bits of tools

Nice work Ethan, and welcome to the forums mate. :)
It looks like you have saved it just in time before total wear! The screw on yours makes me think that mabey these ones that I have are not car wheel, but saw buttons as well..

Nice Ethan, gold ones would be from Royalty. :p :eek: :D
And welcome to the Forum. :)

Thanks guys, BTW i went back to the hole i found it and nothing else was there, even with all the discriminators off and on full sensitivity.
A friend of mine said he would clean it up a bit for me so, i accepted:
1462212661_img_20160502_1908185791.jpg

Also, do you guys think it would be OK for an Englishman to use this website?

Sure Ethan, your right to use the forum, and join in any time you like, it might be a bit far for you to come to any of the meet ups though ,... unless you can arrange one with ridge runner or Phazetech(not sure of the spelling) if he's still over there .
Glad youve joined the forum, you'll have to pay double though as your a Pommie (not really) :lol: :D
We'll all want to see more of your finds and follow your hunts over there (with eager eyes I'm sure) ,... maybe start a new thread in the Treasre Hunting section, under Member Finds. ;)
And yell out if you need any help. :D

Thanks, Silver
Hey Colin, can you tell me what the banner says under the shield, as i can not read what is says on my one or in the pictures?

Welcome Ethan, the banner should say "Dieu et mon droit, or "God and my right", which is the motto of the British Monarchy. :)

Christos57 said:
My grand father had one that he passed on to my father now I have it, great saw have had the blade replaced 7 times and the handle replaced 5 times but it is still going strong

iv'e got a hammer like that. :D

Here's mine, it's still on the old saw.
Somehow I don't think mine is connected to royalty though. :(
Original handle, and original blade(still). :eek:
1462587639_sam_7574.jpg

It is strange, and it seems as if no saws with gold buttons were ever produced, 2 of my friends are playing a game where the first of them to tell me information gets to keep the gold button we kind of found together, anyway i can;t seem to find anything about them being made of gold?
spooky, or something. :/

Be just brass ethan, tell em theyre dreaming, and that you don't play games, and that they can buy it off you at gold prices if they want it.
case of come in suckers for them.
Get a bit of brass tap fitting and shine it up mate, same color ,... all that glitters, is not gold ! ;) 8) :lol:

Well, I went lookin for gold saw buttons and theres good and bad news .
the ones I found were chinese
1465601748_images-143.jpeg

and definately not gold.
however ,... I did find this image of someone trying to make one from scratch.
1465601844_images-58.jpeg

however, I am dubious as to the quality of the eventual outcome.
The good news however is, you get to keep your saw button young fella, cause now you have all the info available on gold saw buttons. ;) :lol:

Latest posts