Hello from the Fraser Coast QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigo

Craig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Craig here. Im from Hervey Bay, my partner and I and are relatively new to the fossicking/prospecting world, fossicking once in Gympie at the Deep Creek Fossicking area and recently a little bit of a poke about in Fat Hen Ck and a couple of neighbouring streams in Kilkivan with a pan (later settling with a few hours at Prophet where we were one of the lucky few to pocket a .54g nugget).

We're a young couple from Hervey Bay that are really getting into the historical and geological aspect that you can learn about an area whilst researching and prospecting. Just purchased my first detector, the Eureka Gold, Im feverishly waiting for it to arrive this week from Miners Den Brisbane. Im almost finished my homemade Highbanker/Sluice too so..... We head out to Glendons and Thanes creek next week for 5 or 6 days, keen to find a little more gold.

Happy Hunting!

Welcome aboard Craigo, good luck on your hunt for yellow. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

DD

Gday craigo im on the fraser coast now hit me up in the next couple weeks if youre keen to go out for a hunt im in :)

Welcome to the forum Craig. Great to see your partner also has an interest in the hobby. Hope the forum can help with some of the necessary research to be successful and look forward to sharing the adventure.

Best of luck out there and hope the gold continues to cooperate for you.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts