Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hands up anyone that has found gold with an ATX? No Tests, no 'garrett.com' etc.

TBH if you don't *need* waterproof I'd save the coin and buy the TDI Pro - At least you get ML coil compatibility - and no, thats not for upgrade purposes, its for range, prices, application everything... But then, people forget Whites exist in the face of exorbitant advertising budgets.

Ben78 said:
Hands up anyone that has found gold with an ATX? No Tests, no 'garrett.com' etc.

TBH if you don't *need* waterproof I'd save the coin and buy the TDI Pro - At least you get ML coil compatibility - and no, thats not for upgrade purposes, its for range, prices, application everything... But then, people forget Whites exist in the face of exorbitant advertising budgets.

Ben did'nt you own a TDI?

Ben78 said:

Not yet Ben, only took my out 3 times.

On another note, those that are buying a ATX for beach hunting would have been far far far better served buying a CTX3030

Ben78 said:
On another note, those that are buying a ATX for beach hunting would have been far far far better served buying a CTX3030

Do you think?

How about the Fisher CZ21 for about $1500? The CZ multi frequency platform is brilliant and there is a reason why its brilliant. If you use the discriminator

you don't loose depth. What happens is the target range your discriminating out is not audible when discriminator is switched on. This machine is

favored by deep sea professional treasure hunters and having used and own a cz3d this platform is simply brilliant for the beach or coin shooting.

If Fisher changes the CZ technology to digital and comes up with the next generation CZ3D in F75 casing I don't think they will be able to keep up with

demand. Lets see what happens by the end of the year.

If you need a little extra depth for the beach a Garretts Sea Hunter or Infinium should do the trick.

Redfin said:
If I was in your position, I would wait a few days for the Minelab SDC 2300, which gets released in 2 days [31st]
There will be many comparative tests done shortly.

The latest goss on the SDC2300 is that the release tomorrow will be more indepth info on it only & the actual machine won't be available in Australia until around May 2014 & the other new releases from Minelab will be 12 months plus away.

mbasko said:
Redfin said:
If I was in your position, I would wait a few days for the Minelab SDC 2300, which gets released in 2 days [31st]

The latest goss on the SDC2300 is that the release tomorrow will be more in depth info on it only & the actual machine won't be available in Australia until around May 2014 & the other new releases from Minelab will be 12 months plus away.

This is going to be interesting.

Wolfau said:
mbasko said:
Redfin said:

The latest goss on the SDC2300 is that the release tomorrow will be more in depth info on it only & the actual machine won't be available in Australia until around May 2014 & the other new releases from Minelab will be 12 months plus away.

Well all I can say is Thank You to Garrett for introducing the ATX.

Its amazing what competition can do.

This new release in my opinion will not effect the sales of The Garrett ATX because many have been waiting for a long time for a simple to use PI Gold Detector with a nice stable smooth threshhold hum that does not cost as much as a car.

Lets hope Garrett is working on the next 30% improved ATX for Dec 2014 or Mid 2015 release. This could annoy or rattle a few people..

Just a personal " hint " Guys,......If you're going to buy the ATX as a dedicated " Gold " machine for our Ozz goldfields, go and HIRE one first and test it on our mineralized soil. You won't be able to run it on max sens, and you'll need to run it around "9" to keep it quiet. Test it on a 1 gram nug and you be the judge. You may be disappointment.

Won't say any more for the moment......

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Won't say any more for the moment......

Cheers Wal.

oohh come on wal be a sport, what info you got?

I've watching for someone that knows what there doing to get one in OUR goldfields as I'm interested in one just for reef work,
but I like my money too much to take a risk, so I'm hoping someone else will be the guinnie pig :lol:

listening carefully for anything wal 8)
regards mate
tm

Halfway through our testing mate, and will post the vid when all is said and done. Don't want to bag any ones brand but prefer to let the tests do all the talking. The ATX is a great machine and value for money, but for "OUR" goldfields, you will leave a lot of gold in the ground. ;)

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Halfway through our testing mate, and will post the vid when all is said and done. Don't want to bag any ones brand but prefer to let the tests do all the talking. The ATX is a great machine and value for money, but for "OUR" goldfields, you will leave a lot of gold in the ground. ;)

Cheers Wal.

HI Wal,

Which Goldfields were you at?

A video would be awesome.

Thanks

Joe

WalnLiz said:

Cheers Wal.

thanks wal
look forward to your vid
regards tm

Wolfau said:
WalnLiz said:

Cheers Wal.

HI Wal,

Which Goldfields were you at?

A video would be awesome.

Thanks

Joe

We're testing in the Braidwood region of NSW,.....and this is no where near the mineralization of the Vic GT or WA fields. It is however a good cross section of the NSW fields, and would be typical of the Tuena, Bathurst, and Nundle regions.

Cheers Wal.

Wal, I'm interested in your comment "You'll leave a lot of gold in the ground'. I noticed too you said we'd need to run it around a 9 to keep it quiet. Is that because of interference (chatter) or because of the effects of the mineralize ground? I hope its not the latter, because its supposed to be so crash hot dealing with mineralized ground. I know no matter what I did I couldn't get it quiet with power lines around.

Hi guys, running standard DD, sensitivity between 11 & 12 around Tuena no issue with noise. I ran about the same in Orange no issue. Picking up bird shots at around couple of inches deep.

Unfortunately it's the latter Daz, and that was a shock to our testing as well. It's great in benign soil but as soon as you hit the red clay or mineralized ironstone areas you can't keep it quiet at 12 or 13. :/..... 9 or possibly10 is the maximum sensitivity we could run the machine and at this setting we lost substantial depth in our testing.

Don't want to elaborate much further and will upload the vid as soon as all our testing is complete.

Cheers Wal.

It does goes nuts if another detector is close by :) even the aldi one just ask Dozer 15-20 meters minimum between.

Latest posts