Braidwood

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks...Does anyone know if there are any state forests up around Braidwood that would be detector friendly??? Thinking about going for a drive tomorrow to have a bit of a look around...

Cheers...Sparra

Google broke tonight? :lol:
Try Tallaganda State Forest.
If you done some research around Braidwood, Majors Creek, Araluen, Captain's Flat etc. you'd be able to put another pack together for the "S" download section ;)

Hay Sparra,

If you look at this map of the Monga NP http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/nationalparks/parkhome.aspx?id=N0169 it doesn't extend further north than the Kings HWy.
The intersection in the center top of the map is the Kings hwy and Nothangera Rd. the area shaded light green north of this intersection is Monga SF so I think you are alright to go in there with a detector if you have a permit, talk to the forestry guys in the Bay .
I have always wanted to go down there as there were two hard rock mines in that vicinity.
Let me know how you go.

Cheers
Mick

My brother and I went dectecting in there a year or so ago...

Pretty scrubby and not alot of room to swing.

There is a caravan/campground/hotel thing a few kms down northenagera rd on the left, you can't miss it!

He has trout fishing and gold panning on his sign.

Check in with him and he will tell you where to go.

We spent 4 or 5 day trips out there, found some old workings that may have been from the earlier prospectors, a little bit of junk and not much else...

We did further research, and found a lot of the finds were gold ore, so moved on...

Further north seemed better ground, more open, but private, and we wernt willing to go door knocking....

Latest posts