2013 finds - Scoopa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1364728208_p3310213easter.jpg
1364728465_p3310214easter2.jpg
1364728480_p3310215easter3.jpg

Happy Easter to all.

I was able to get two hunts in over Easter. One on Friday with Goldbuzz at some local spots. Had a great time with varied results. Even after someone had hit the area hard which was evident but the large areas of dead grass from their holes, still managed to pull 16 pre-decimals from the ground. Goldbuzz got three silvers and a few coppers. Seconds search on Sunday at a new location and managed to pull 33 coins out. At the end of two searches located 21 pennys from 1911 to 1952, 8 half pennys 1938 to 1953, 1X 1942 Three Pence, 1X 1952 Florin, 1X 1967 Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee medalion, Numerous 1 & 2 Cents pieces and $11 in 'goldies'. I've posted a picture of the Florin, Medallion and an unusual copper plaque.

I've been there a few times and haven't found anything like that with my ace 250 but I've had a few tips on setting it up better have to give it another go soon

Hi Yellow fever. I use a minelab excalibur and get into the water abit. Also you've got to 'read' the beach to see what is happening. That is what sand is being taken off or put on. Tides and recent storms make a great difference. If you want to meet for abit of a detect pm me and we can arrange something.

Went for abit of a swing this morning at some smaller local beaches. Weather was beautiful and water fabulous. After a couple of hours I managed $44.70 in decimals (not bad!). One small .925 silver ring. A corroded ladies watch. One lock and a 1988 English 2 pence. I better not forget the usual rubbish (Pull tabs, bottler tops, foil. etc etc.) However just a reminder to detectorists who hit the beaches or really anywhere, I located two used syringes in the sand. Both had the caps off so please be careful. So remember next time anyone questions you about what you're doing, just tell them you're helping to keep the area safe by removing the syringes. They wont argue after that!!!!!

hey there scoopa ... which beaches ya being detecting at ???? just so I dont go there as you already got all the loot lol

I always wear shoes when detecting at the beach, I've come across some pretty nasty stuff myself.

Hey Wooster. I did a few of the smaller beaches at the Bay this time. But I've found syringes of our local beaches as well. Just gotta be careful mate. We'll have to meet up for a swing soon!

Good haul!
Needles are a worry in play grounds too.
We used to live in the Melb suburbs & regularly spotted needles.
Allways check play grounds before letting your kids play.
Not paranoid - just seen too many...

1369567395_img_1372.jpg
1369567427_img_1374.jpg
1369567447_img_1375.jpg
1369567463_img_1376.jpg

Today was just to good a day to not have a swing. Went to one of my old stomping grounds that never seems to stop giving. The photos show a few finds. In addition to the silvers show a seventh shilling is still being cleaned. The lower sixpence is a 1910 and I've never found one that worn before. 7 pennys and three half pennys were found as well as an early english small copper coin i'm still trying to id. What's worse than finding a cent--- well half a cent. I don't know about you but I think 1 & 2 cents pieces are only just ahead of ring pulls. They're everywhere. The last photo is of a small seven panel copper bracelet located at about 20cm. I addition a small crossed rifle badge, an identification disc (no name) and $10.85 moderns were found. Only spent two hours out but with the recent rain the ground was soft and the signals very clean.

Nice finds ther Scoopa , 1910 is the 1st year of our Commonwealth currency , so that is an oldie for sure, Keep the 1968 2 cent pieces , as they are scarce. 1942 threepence Melb mint ,without the "S" or "D" mintmark are scarce , start at $15 for worn condition

And of course any 1923 Halfpennies or 1930 Pennies are RARE

Cheers Paul

Thanks for the info headbutt! I've found a fair few 1910's before but never that worn. I actually thought it was a blank disc when it first came out.

Latest posts