2013 finds - Pete_the_Prospector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find mate. I think you might have trouble finding the owner though, as those coin are all 43-44 and they look new. So I would think it was lost shortly after that date making it about 66 years since lost. If this person was twenty she would now need to be at least 86 and still alive. So good luck finding owner.

ah okey any idea when it may start ??? so no drivers license or credit cards in the wallet mate. Might make it hard to find the owner lol :D

what a really good find and a great little find when you opened it well done Pete cheers Terry

Pete, Great find there and some nice silver there, bet that put a big smile on your face. Going by the condition of the coins they were not very old when they were lost.

I stuck him on the side duck but realised it was a bit heavy when when I kept walking around in circles :eek: He now lives on the display cabinet. :D

Picked up some diesel money and a nice ring. 925 silver with 5 rocks in it :D
The earing is also 925 but the other ring is a junker.

friday1_zps223fadff.jpg

friday2_zps68955476.jpg

friday3_zps9aa312d0.jpg

I think it was like a target every 30 to 45 seconds duck, My backs hurts lol. Mrs Prospector laid claim to this ring before I even got to clean it. Oh well, keeps me in the good books :D

Howdy All, thought I would go down to a local beach this morning to try out a new scoop. Happy I did. There was a cut at least 6ft, but someone had been there before me. 8.( All the targets were at least 8 inchs. The Jesus and Mary pendant is a weird one. The signal comes up as Gold but the only markings on it are in the form of something that looks like Chinese writing below the crucifix. :/ And that makes no sense at all. I will give it a better clean later. Then the last target for the day was an 18ct yellow and white Gold ring. The markings MHJ are Michael Hill Jewelers. I managed to get to a shop after lunch. Turns out its an engagement ring. They had them on sale a couple of years ago for $2495 One of the girls there said there possibly is 1 and a 1/2 Carets of Diamonds in the ring but she wasnt 100% certain but the jeweler could verify that for me if needed. :eek:
And it cleaned up lovely :lol:

sundaybeach1_zpsa4c0c7a5.jpg

sundaybeach2_zpsa47ac53f.jpg

sundaybeach3_zpse870704a.jpg

sundaybeach6_zps036765f2.jpg