Yo from Cairns

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have lived in Cairns for 20 years and never even knew this forum existed.
I am currently just venturing into gold prospecting with a Whites GMT, home made sluices etc and after a lot of work, research, walking, driving, more walking, tuning and frustration have found zilch, seems I need some guidance. :lol:
(Have done a lot of gem fossicking over the years tho, and have done very well if anyone wants info and help in that area)

Looking forward to chatting when work permits( shift worker)

Welcome to the forum colby. The forum is relatively new mate, and has become the "Go To" forum for both the beginner and expert alike. Within the threads you will find an enormous amount of practical information, and within it's members a great dedication to all forms of prospecting and treasure / gem hunting.

Feel free to get involved, and should you require any advice feel free to put it to the members, as I'm sure you will get many positive responses.

Best of luck out there and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Hi colby, welcome to the forum
there is a few of us up this neck of the woods, and have a catch up once a month at the fun miners den.
Our catch up this month, is on the 24th, between 4 - pm, this is a BBQ, beer is byo.
This month is a first for us, as our meet up is normally on a Saturday morning for coffee, the reason for this is, we are heading up to the north palmer river, on the 25-26th on palmerdigger ' s lease (forum member)
you are more than welcome to come down on the 24th to have a chat with us, as we leave the meet ups open to all forum members and guests

Cheers Kane

Hi, Colby. Welcome to the best, most informative forum on this topic. Great reading and great mateship. Tis the "mens shed " of fossicking forums.
All the best mate. ;)

Thx for the welcome everyone. Will pop down Fri nite to intro myself in person.
See you there

Latest posts