Yet another predecimal 1943 Three Pence

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtol29

Gary
Reaction score
Went up to Uralla yesterday nothing at the fossicking area, but stop of at the cemetery afterwards had a swing around. Found a 1943 Three Pence :D
Happy with that... ;)

Just on another note stopped at the sports grounds at Tamworth on the way home and had a quick swing on one of the area's the use for tents and vans for Country Music (Not on a oval or sport ground) found $7.53 and picked up I would say about 200 bottle tops and 50 or so can tabs and broken glass that grot's :mad: had just left laying around.
At least I know that area won't have to much trash next time. :rolleyes:

1392529461_three_pence_1943_005.jpg

1392529481_three_pence_1943_004.jpg

Just gotta put your mind into the old days and use your imagination, you'll soon see where they are Shane.
Hope it happens for you soon.

cormorant said:
:eek: Nice find and looks in very good nick ! wonder if it was lost in 1943 ?/

Yes it is in fairly good condition.

That's what I like about find pre decimals, wondering when they where dropped and how ?

Also look at the site(s) etc and thinking where people would have walked, stood, played, etc. Have found a few thinking about this.

Yes it's sometimes what's not there that helps, seen a few trees missing the other day and decided to detect where there was none (but I bet there used to be all of them in a pattern), low and behold I got a 1920 6d for my intuitive trouble !!!!!

Latest posts