Xterra 705 Good day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On sunday i had to drive out the other side of town to pick up something i bought( its always on other side of town) so took my metal detector On the way i stopped at a playground at Burnside After checking i actually found $3 Surprise people out there dont normally lose money.As i was leaving through the park a picked up a reading lo n behold i found a 1948 sixpence n a few feet away a 1951 sixpence so started checking the area n found a 1933 farthing a little further on i got a reading down about 8in on finally digging it up it was what i thought was a washer so i kept it(never have too many washers lol)2 more steps n once again down about 8 in nother reading digging it up n lon behold nother washer when i finally got home cleaned my finds n the washers turned out to be a 1921 10 frank & a 1927 10 frank coin So glad i keep "washers" ;)
1473128141_img_0881-3.jpg

Hi Flyrodder,
Some very nice finds there, you never can tell what might be lurking around some of the older parks etc.
Like your user name, do you still get out to wave the long wand chasing piscatorial targets? flyfishing is a great way to get away and if you can combine a bit of detecting with it, it does not come much better
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Flyrodder,
Some very nice finds there, you never can tell what might be lurking around some of the older parks etc.
Like your user name, do you still get out to wave the long wand chasing piscatorial targets? flyfishing is a great way to get away and if you can combine a bit of detecting with it, it does not come much better
Cheers, SinHof.
yes still flyfishing when weather permits.Tying a lot of new designed flies n jigs i come up with when i cant go detecting

Hi Flyrodder,
Good to hear you're still waving the long wand; I'm not doing much these days in the saltwater but still very much into chasing Murray Cod and trout in the sweet water,it's a great form of fishing and like yourself always trying new experimental fly patterns.
Cheers, SinHof.

Never ceases to amaze me what comes out of the ground at times, great little hunt, especially that elusive farthing. :)

Latest posts